Any other nice AVs out there?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Pigman, Jun 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Interesting. I've got a question, though: how much of the Command engine did F-Prot keep? (Its engine is based on that of Command, according to the VB site.) Is F-Prot as good as Command at trojan detection?

BTW, should I download A-Squared?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Pigman,

I think you will find that Command AV is based upon the F-Prot engine.

Difficult to judge against virus/trojan detection, as at most testing sites you will find only one of them has been tested.

Authentium add their own signatures and do not rely only on those of Frisk, but I would imagine they are very similar in malware detection. Maybe someone with more information can jump in here. Technodrome is a Command expert ;)

They have both been pumping up their trojan detection since last summer but my personal view is that they are not quite up to the standards of Dr Web, Kaspersky and McAfee for standalone trojan detection.

Depending upon your surfing habits it may be better to run with a Antitrojan program with either of these excellent AV scanners. If you cannot afford to run with one of the big 3 commercial AT's by all means run a free one.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

You can see some of commands detection history here command detectes on the following os's

Attached Files:

4. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

5. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Wow. Looks pretty damn good.

Any comparisons between it and NOD32? How does it fair in the worm-detection department?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.