Any Official Word from ESET on Web Issues? Missing Graphics and Connection Reset?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nodHead, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

I have now excluded Firefox from Web Access Protection and I no longer have the issues with missing graphics and "connection reset" errors in Firefox.

So this is an issue that some have clearly found to be a problem.

I would just like to know what the official word is from ESET? Is this now a problems that's being investigated / tracked / fixed?

With Firefox excluded from Web Access Protection am I at greater risk of having my computer attacked by web bourne malware?

If there is any further information I can provide to assist ESET, I'm happy to do that. ;)

2. aieie

aieie Registered Member

I use firefox myself and experienced no such problems.

It happened, though, with another antivirus brand due to the presence of pieces of another antivirus, you can guess the name ;), which didn't uninstall correctly.

Could it be your case too?

Best Regards

3. 800ster

800ster Registered Member

I am also seeing the Connection Reset problem in Firefox but only since upgrading from the RC1 to the release version. Happens about 1 web page in 20 and it always reloads OK on the first "try again" click. Using default install options for web access protection.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

All of you are using Windows Vista?

5. aieie

aieie Registered Member

I was speaking of a fresh Vista installation with AV 3.0 on it.

No problems with both IE and Firefox

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just out of curiosity, those who have experienced this problem please confirm that the following procedure didn't make any difference:

open Start –> Run
    run: cmd
    type: netsh winsock reset
    restart the computer

7. _Rupert_

_Rupert_ Registered Member

@Marcos

I'm running Vista Ultimate (x64).
    The "netsh winsock reset" command failed to solve the problem.. although I thought it had at first, but after a couple of minutes browsing, the red crosses starting to appear again.

Perhaps just coincidence that images worked okay for the first couple of minutes after rebooting?

8. aieie

aieie Registered Member

Any previous antivirus installed on the PC where problems arise?

9. _Rupert_

_Rupert_ Registered Member

Nope, prior to installing v3, the PC was restored to a True Image backup of a point where there wasn't.. and had never been any form of antivirus/firewall/internet security suite etc installed.

10. Paraglider

Paraglider Registered Member

I also am seeing the same problem with Firefox on Vista Ultimate 32 after upgrading from NOD32 2.7 to 3.0 Final. Configuring Active mode for Firefox in advanced settings seems to have improved the problem.

11. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

I'm running Vista Ultimate (x86) and this failed to fix the problem, but thanks for looking into it! :doubt:

12. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Seems to have fixed it for me. Now the only problem is the email tagging for me. o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.