Any News From Jason

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by james246, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berng

berng Registered Member

I'm not saying gkweb is not of the good guys. He's sincerely trying to help.

But this comes up over and over where we ask for a status and we don't get a timely response from Jason. Then someone else usually answers for him.

Jason should be working on his products. It is certainly is to his advantage to check these forums often.

Jason, I assume is an adult, so he should be the one to answer these questions quickly.

2. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

It would certainly be nice to hear something from Jason regarding this product, its been awhile. :(

3. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

This happens if a software developer falls in love with his software and forgets the customers. For me AppDefend has died. Too bad about the money which I have already spent. :thumbd:

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I belive there are threads here in which he states what is going on. Remember that you pay for this software only once. There is no yearly fee for a reason I guess (to give him time to develop the software at his own pace)
    It´s not like Ghost Security Suite is obselete and doesnt protect anymore afaik.

5. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

Remember, I have paid for a beta version. It is already very unusual to sell a beta version. And then Jason lets his customers wait! This is not all right

6. Trooper

Maybe you should send him a Private Message then? For me, I just have been using the trial of AppDefend. However since nothing has come of it, I just went back to purely RegDefend on my new PC build. Hopefully something will come of this product down the road.

7. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

I'm using the trial version of Ghost Security Suite, awesome program ! Works well with Comodo, AOL AVS, snoop free. Most stable program ever considering it alerts me of everything. Can't wait for the next release I wanna buy it !

:thumb: :D :thumb:

8. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

I don't think that anyone is complaining about the performance or technical merit of the current version of AppDefend, more that it would be nice to see Jason giving some indication of progress every now and again

9. tlu

tlu Guest

I agree. At least this thread would have been an opportunity to say hello. The fact that he hasn't used this opportunity could easily be interpreted as a lack of customer care. It's a pity.

10. Trooper

This is exactly my thoughts on the matter.

11. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Hello,
    I was thinking about trying out AppDefend on my PC. The download at Ghost Security Site said the file was "betasetup" file. The site doesn't mention that the program is a beta program. Is it still a beta program? Does anyone knows what is disabled after the 14 days mentioned on the download page?

Thanks.

12. Remouald

Remouald Registered Member

Yes it is still a beta program. Nothing is disabled after the 14days but you will get a nag screen 5 minutes after you start the program.

RegDefend won't allow you to manually block change to the registry after the 14days trial but you'll still be able to "kill process" if you need to block registry changes.

13. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Thanks for the reply Remouald.

A lot of others mention about a Ghost Security Suite, yet I don't see anything named like that on the company site. A screen shot of the suite indicates that the version is 1.11 beta.
    http://www.firewallleaktester.com/gss.htm

However, the download page says that Appdefend is version 1.00 (beta?). Is there any difference?

14. berng

berng Registered Member

Ghost security suite version 1.110 is the application under which appdefend and regdefend run.
    The actual regdefend version is 2.050, appdefend version is 1.000 beta version.

15. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Thanks for explanation berng.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.