Any new of FD-Rescue reviving !

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-Rescue Forum' started by pinso, Jun 11, 2013.

1. pinso

pinso Registered Member

Hello, folks, i am on a dual boot with Winxp on C: and Win7 on D: and currently using FD-Rescue Workstation on Win7, after installation , it didn't mess up the bootentry that was created by Win7 bootedit, which in one instance i had to set it manually, since i was busy with restoring and all those things.
    On restart the default FD-Rescue edition mbr would be read and then the bootentry manager would show up, like it should, and its working beautifully.
    Boot to backup snapshot and update the original, and boot again to original and use it to hearts content.
    The absence of making a image/archive of the backup snapshot seemed dearly needed in this program.
    Dam is their ever a new's to revive this product, no need for extra snapshot, but archive/image making feature is desperately needed in this program.

When will the prodigal son return, its a sad way of ending a good product, we always see, good programs being updated bettered in ways it is unmatched in quality,functionality and effectiveness, (all the words i can associate with this product) in its area of expertise, which is system restore/recovery (imo which is unthought and unimagined)and i believe many people feel that same thing.
    But still that was what i felt for this program. This is no evolution, which has a way of bettering or making it leaner and meaner, but this is totally different, "is it piracy defeating the purpose"!
    Ashampoo_Snap_2013.06.11_21h29m21s_001_FirstDefense-Rescue Workstation 4-0-262.png

ANY NEWS FROM THE DEVELOPER o_O

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The answer to your question about this software reviving is a simple no. Not happening.

The archiving feature was in the full product which also won't be revived. Leapfrog sold the technology so that as they say is that.

Sorry.

Pete

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

We FD-ISR loyalists were dealt a solid gut punch with the ending of such a magnificent work of software artistry but not a knockout blow so long as you don't retire your XP systems for good. They can cease active development of it (which happened) and in this instance even went as far as selling it off but it's Legacy cannot be denied. It did have a positive and still lasting impact for those fortunate enough to have been company to it's short run of software events.

Long live the Legacy of FIRSTDEFENSE-ISR. An unmatched engenius work of modern computer innovation ahead of it's time.

4. pinso

pinso Registered Member

I double that, why can't a legacy be repeated, why does it only have to be appreciated.
    Even if they sold the patent and the technology, why doesnt the second company in charge now, revive it. I don't see in any way they can't make money out of it, its one of a kind.
    But FD-Rescue is rocking in my Win7 Pro partition.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  5. Peter2150

I think they are in a commercial/government model. But in the home market FDISR never made money so resurrecting probably wouldn't be any different.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I know i speak for the mass of others who were also lucky enough to engage in FD-ISR's tremendous new introduction of it and all along Leapfrog's production run of it until it literally fell off the cliff and landed in other hands who instead of keeping it intact and building on it chose to butcher it till what remained was nothing less then a splinter of it's former glory.

AX64 Time Machine fortunately is taken up this idea and uniquely applying some very similar aspects that we used to have in FD-ISR and AFAIK is laid the groundwork for it's imaging/snapshot app with very useful new innovations that have all the signs of THE program to return and replace our cherished FD.

7. pinso

pinso Registered Member

I get the idea, if a company doesn't make money, conventional wisdom says better it, but FD is good, and we really can't blame the company for not bringing to the front, since they would obviously do a market research and even after that , things doesn't click, its better to lay it off.
    But i am greatful to have witnessed a great product and use it's feature for what it was made for.

8. kakaka

kakaka Registered Member

9. Peter2150

Easter, that is totally a misrepresentation of what happened. It didn't "Fall off a cliff", Leapfrog after realizing it wasn't going to be a commercial venture in it's current form, sold the technology to someone who wanted to apply it elsewhere.

That is a far cry from what you describe.

Also FDISR can still be used.

Pete

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hi Pete.

I completely understand and even support, be it with tongue in cheek, that Leapfrog's commercial viability for continuing First Defense was carefully weighed and financially determined inefficient to meet their expectations, but i'm not misrepresenting what happened to it, only expressing in analogy terms how disappointing it's development came to such an untimely end given that it was such a remarkable & unique software breakthrough that appeared to have a long future ahead of it.

One can only imagine now how it would been had it been able to carry a profitable outcome for Leapfrog in view of the innovation it brought to the windows scene.

Regards Easter

11. controler

controler Guest

not sold to general public? that mean a gov thing?

why do you still keep their forum here. only a couple posts since 2010.

12. Peter2150

No not necessarily to the public. It may have been sold to a company that only sells to other companies. And that would be at a price that the public wouldn't support. We don't know.

Why keep the forum here. a) why not? and b) there are still a lot of FDISR users here, and this is the only place they can go for help.

Pete

13. pratzert

pratzert Registered Member

Has anyone heard from Todd lately ?

Just wondering how he is doing ?

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Indeed Pete

From some of my HD collections, wherever they may end up at in the future, rest assured inside will still reside FD-ISR along with a healthy assortment of saved archives.

It's a relief this sub-forum still continues because like you say First Defense users have this sole resource to turn to when necessary and we really appreciate it.

EASTER

15. KaneComputing

KaneComputing Registered Member

Raxco maybe reviving FD-ISR, see my post here

Raxco responding to my query on FB:
    Cheers,

David

16. PoetWarrior

PoetWarrior Registered Member

Wouldn't install on my computer. Raxco support indicated that "InstantRecovery currently does NOT support GPT disks" so I guess that's that for me. :'( Will stick with Macrium Reflect free.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.