Any last words?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bellgamin, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Tomorrow I shall seek to {1) Install an external hard drive, {2} install ATI, {3} Create a boot disk with ATI by... {4} burning my first ever CD-R, & then (5) Use ATI to put an image of my main hard disk onto my new external HD.

I succeeded in downloading the user's manual, thanks to help given me in another thread on this forum. 79 pages!!! After a quick read-through thereof, I have a worrisome suspicion that I might be too old & cranky to learn all this new-fangled stuff. Ergo, I'm as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

If anyone has some advice to offer, please be aware that I am a computer doofus. So please talk down to me... waaaay down.:blink: :p :-*

2. mark3

mark3 Registered Member

You need not be nervous at all. It's all very simple and if you do get stuck there are many here who will help you if you encounter a problem.

Point 1. Installing an external hard drive simply entails plugging in into a USB port. Windows should recognise it as new hardware. Double click My Computer icon and see if the new hard disk is there. If it does not, then click Start, Programs, Administrative tools, Computer Management, double click Disk Management. On the right hand side you will see the disks, including your external one. Right click on it, then click Format and select select NTFS in the File System, if it does not show it. After it has formatted you should be able to see it in My Computer.

Point 2. Insert the TI disk and just follow instructions.

Point 3. After you had installed TI, launch it and then click Tools, Create Bootable Rescue Media. From there, again just follow instructions.

Point 4. TI will burn the disk for you during the procedure in 3.

Point 5. Launch TI while in windows, select Backup and just follow your instinct and use automatic settings.

Good luck.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Thanks Mark. MUCH thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.