Any idea when a new version will be issued?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Allen L., Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

I'm pretty sure that I've seen posts by the Acronis' Mods that there will be a later version issued than v.9.0.3677 with some of the remaining issues solved... such as being able to verify differential backups without the complete set necessary.

Anyone got a clue as to the time element?

Allen o_O

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

A timetable of future versions and builds is even more elusive then spotting a Unicorn in your back yard. It is on a par with obtaining a meaningful change log to accompany a new build [​IMG]

Xpilot.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

One can only hope that the delay is due to carefully researched development and thorough in-house testing :doubt:.

Regards

4. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

We should be very careful what we hope for...... we may just get it :blink:

5. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Having read a few posts about the recent German build and the problems folks had when first installing it, perhaps we will benefit from their beta testing?

Would those of you who have been around TI awhile weigh in on whether installing a new build at once is wise? Or, should one waito_O

I hope that each new build will resolve the issues of the last. Presumably, the integrity of our Archives are topmost at Acronis. Is that your experience? Are the problems with a new build more likely to be with additional features, like direct-to-dvd with concurrent validation, that have yet to run smoothly?

And yes, a detailed change log would be welcome. (By the way, if anyone has suggestions on what to include in a change log, Acronis support asked for input, on August 11, in a thread titled: Re: Build 3677

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=140197

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Christopher,

It really depends on what you use your system for and how much of a masochist you are ;). I'm a computer hobbiest with a bit of spare time on my hands, so I'm not adverse to being something of a guinea pig. However, I always create a new full system archive before installing the latests builds and ensure I have a working copy of the current bootable rescue CD. If things go horribly wrong I can just restore to my prevous state and be up and running again in a matter of minutes.

Note that my system is far from "bleeding edge", I refrain from imaging over my home network and have little use for certain aspects of the software (e.g. scheduling, Secure Zone/Startup Recovery Manager and disk cloning). Therefore the bulk of my testing is done on those areas that I'm most familiar with. Same goes for any inputs I provide to this forum :p.

Sadly, I'm afraid that has not always been the case in the past. Indeed, there have been a number cases where things that had previously worked correctly have become broken in a new build.

Acronis' inadequate change log has been a bone of contention with users for a very long time. I have previously referred Acronis Support to Nero's download site as an example of what I would expect from a professional software company. Whilst Nero probably isn't "best of breed", it shows what can be done without over-complicating it.

Regards

7. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Well, after reading these replies from what I consider some of the more savy users of the forum, I believe I shall stick with my latest version (v.9.0.3567), which has been very reliable for what I do, which is very similar to Menorcaman, in that it is not a complicated procedure or a complicated raid, etc. machine. Reason I've updated no further, is reflected in some of the present replies...some of the later versions before this lastest one (v.9.0.3677), and after the version I'm using had new problems that were worse than the versions before.

I guess the best way is just find a version that works and stay with it, no matter what the version number. It does seem that the complaints have died down about this latest version and I'm tempted to install, but don't really know if the users have just gotten tired of complaining or are satisfied! :ouch:

Thanks for the replies!

Allen o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.