Any Hijack This experts about?. (Help Needed)

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by bluesjunior, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Registered Member

This is my first post here so i'm not sure if it is the correct forum. If not would a mod kindly move it, thanks.

My PC OS is Windows XP Home SP3 and kept up to date via Win Update. I use the latest version of Comodo CIS as a Firewall/AV and also have SpywareBlaster installed. I use Superantispyware and Malwarebytes free editions as on demand scanners updated and used weekly on a rota basis. I keep my start up list down to the necessary programs using Auto-Runs. My main browser is Firefox with the Ad-Block Plus, No-Scripts and W.O.T. add-ons. I safe surf and do not visit dodgy sites.

I usually scan on a monthly basis with Hijack This and keep a copy of the scans just to keep an eye on things. The logs have usually been the same with the two or three differences I have ever found being self explanatory and either kept or deleted depending on the outcome of checking here and using Google. This morning I did a scan and found four new 09 entries, all in regard to the following file "shdocvw.dll". I checked on this file using Google and find on the one hand that it is a genuine file but can also be malware. I do not have enough expertise to know the difference. I will say that my PC is running fine and my full scan yesterday found nothing, not even a tracking cookie which is the usual as I am very security conscious and aware.

I will print two Hijack This logs below. The first one is the log as it was after a clean reformat of my PC on the 7th of June 2009. The second is the Hijack This log from today 25-12-09. As one of the entries mentions "About Email ID" then these entries are possibly remnants from an email address checking program called Iconix which I installed but later uninstalled again using Revo Unistaller as it conflicted with Comodo at Start up.

I would just like an experienced Hijack this log checker to tell me if I have a problem or is it safe to delete the 4 mentioned entries?

~Logs removed per Announcement.~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello bluesjunior,

As noted, we no longer process logs here. Take a look at this thread for additional suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.