Any Hijack This experts about?. (Help Needed)

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by bluesjunior, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Registered Member

This is my first post here so i'm not sure if it is the correct forum. If not would a mod kindly move it, thanks.

My PC OS is Windows XP Home SP3 and kept up to date via Win Update. I use the latest version of Comodo CIS as a Firewall/AV and also have SpywareBlaster installed. I use Superantispyware and Malwarebytes free editions as on demand scanners updated and used weekly on a rota basis. I keep my start up list down to the necessary programs using Auto-Runs. My main browser is Firefox with the Ad-Block Plus, No-Scripts and W.O.T. add-ons. I safe surf and do not visit dodgy sites.

I usually scan on a monthly basis with Hijack This and keep a copy of the scans just to keep an eye on things. The logs have usually been the same with the two or three differences I have ever found being self explanatory and either kept or deleted depending on the outcome of checking here and using Google. This morning I did a scan and found four new 09 entries, all in regard to the following file "shdocvw.dll". I checked on this file using Google and find on the one hand that it is a genuine file but can also be malware. I do not have enough expertise to know the difference. I will say that my PC is running fine and my full scan yesterday found nothing, not even a tracking cookie which is the usual as I am very security conscious and aware.

I will print two Hijack This logs below. The first one is the log as it was after a clean reformat of my PC on the 7th of June 2009. The second is the Hijack This log from today 25-12-09. As one of the entries mentions "About Email ID" then these entries are possibly remnants from an email address checking program called Iconix which I installed but later uninstalled again using Revo Unistaller as it conflicted with Comodo at Start up.

I would just like an experienced Hijack this log checker to tell me if I have a problem or is it safe to delete the 4 mentioned entries?

~Logs removed per Announcement.~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
  2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Hello bluesjunior,

As noted, we no longer process logs here. Take a look at this thread for additional suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.