Any free proxy work with Topix?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by TheMozart, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

I have tried over 10 different free proxy services to try to post a message on the topix.com forum website but none of them allow me to see the graphic numbers so I can post a message.

Does any free proxy work for topix?

2. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

I just tried a couple of random Glype proxies, and they both seemed to work fine on the site in question:

http://coverproxy.com/index.php
    http://anonymouse.ru/newmouse2/index.php

Keep in mind if you use NoScript, you'll need to temporarily allow Javascript for the proxy sites. Those captcha images on forums will NOT show up unless you have Javascript enabled.

3. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

They don't work on topix. I see the capthca, post a message, but the message appears for only a few seconds and then disappears.

Try it yourself. Go to a topix forum, post a message. It will appear for a few seconds and then simply disappear.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

I just did a test post using the first proxy (via Firefox), and it worked perfectly fine for me. There must be some other variable(s) involved that's preventing you from posting. o_O

5. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

It does work and my post works, but within 20-30 seconds the post disappears. Check it for yourself, your post will be missing within 20-30 seconds, so topix must be automatically deleting and removing our posts if we use those proxies.

Show me one of your posts on topix if you think it's working?

Anyone know of a free proxy that actually works on topix where our posts remain posted?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  6. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I see you are still having problems with Topix !

Can I post anonymously? https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=284000

Yours & others here https://www.wilderssecurity.com/search.php?searchid=4323071

Some people found that it was a popup blocker issue !

Out of curiosity i tried to post. I must have spent around 10 minutes continuously allowing TONS of Scripts & Requests. Plus i also had to allow Cookies & Many WebBugs & disable Ad Blocking, before everything appeared, except the Captcha that is.

t1.gif

By that time i had had enough, so disallowed Everything i had enabled & exited the www. Topix is the MOST unfriedliest www i have ever had the misfortune to visit, with regard to Privacy & tracking etc Why anyone would want to participate & encourage them, even via Anon ?

7. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

So in other words, what you are trying to say is... it's impossible to post a message on Topix using a free proxy.

I was able to see the capthca and post a message, but for some reason, within a few seconds the message and post disappears from topix and cannot be seen.

So I suppose Topix outsmarted all the free proxies and no free proxy can be used on topix :thumbd: :mad:

8. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

Did you try Tor?

9. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Tor doesn't work on topix either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.