Any fix for the "Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2F" error?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AlanMintaka, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlanMintaka

AlanMintaka Registered Member

Hi Everyone,
    I'm having trouble getting Acronis to make successful backups. I'm trying to make "My Data" backups of selected folders and files to an external USB drive.

I start by selecting most of the folders on the hard drive containing WinXP and many of my data files. I exclude pagefile.sys, *.tmp, and a few other files I'm not interested in archiving.

Errors typically appear when Acronis tries to back up large media files such as MPEG-2 movies and CD Audio files. Some of the MPEG-2 files are DVD size and run to 10 GB in some cases.

The error message includes the "Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2F" code I've seen in a few other postings. It wasn't clear whether or not this problem ever got resolved.

I select "Ignore" or "Ignore All" whenever these messages appear. After a while they go away, the backup continues for a half an hour or so, then stops with the message "Completed Successfully".

But when I check the archive file, most of the folders I selected are missing. Acronis seems to have arbitrarily stopped backing up files some time after the error messages appeared.

Here's the full text of one of the error messages:

Failed to backup file or folder '<folder name>'. Error reading the file. (0x40001) Tag = 0x61F1883FE50B0A2F (0x1003EB) Tag = 0x14181C22EF45AC01

Retry/Ignore/Cancel

This happens on two different systems backing up to two different USB drives. The systems are Dell Dimension 8300 and 8400. Their internal hard drives are 250GB each with about 100GB free. The external USB hard drives are 350 GB with about 300GB free.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Big Al Mintaka

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.