Any experience with Rosetta Stone Software?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DCM, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I would like to learn a foreign language and am wondering about Rosetta Stone.

It seems like there are many good comments about it but I am wondering if there is anything better.

Anyone here have any experiences with language software that they could share?

Thanks

2. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

From what I heard it is a very good language learning tool. The government uses it to informally train employees that need to learn a new language. The good thing about it is it associates the words with the right picture/scenery which makes us remember the word(s) better. The only downside that I see is that it's quite expensive.

3. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

It depends - which language? Rosetta Stone is OK but pricey. Depending on the language, you have different levels of availability of options on the market and, of course, you need to consider which learning method works best for you.

4. rice4lunch

rice4lunch Registered Member

i been using the japanese version. it was good up to lesson 3, then it starts to throw sentences at you. also, there are parts where the software and the study booklet have mismatches. so i had to do extra work to get the correct translation/grammar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.