Any Comparisons Exist with F-Secure in

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AnthonyG, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi

Does anyone know if there are any decent comparitive tests with F-Secure in it as i looked at this test here

http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=62&mnu=62

And apparantly it was the best performing AV there is (even better that KAV) so i would like to look around at a couple of decent comparsons to see if these results here are actually true.

But (av-comparatives.org) doesnt seem to have it included (does this mean something)

Its just from reading one of the above posts im looking for a second AV to use alongside and complement my Mcafee enrterprise 8.0i and if this F secure is as good as they say it is i would consider this one. Because looking at the comparison charts NOD which was suggested on the other topic didnt score too well.

Thanks

2. liang_mike

liang_mike Registered Member

I guess one of the reasons is that F-Secure AntiVirus is based on KAV engine. Therefore, people assume that it should perform at least as good as Kaspersky.

I have been using F-Secure and I like it. If you have the computing power to use F-Secure, I suggest you go ahead and try the demo.

One thing I have noticed is that F-Secure doesn't play along nicely with other AV and some firewalls. Something for you to think about.

3. info

info Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.