Any Comparisons Exist with F-Secure in

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AnthonyG, Aug 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

Hi

Does anyone know if there are any decent comparitive tests with F-Secure in it as i looked at this test here

http://www.virus.gr/english/fullxml/default.asp?id=62&mnu=62

And apparantly it was the best performing AV there is (even better that KAV) so i would like to look around at a couple of decent comparsons to see if these results here are actually true.

But (av-comparatives.org) doesnt seem to have it included (does this mean something)

Its just from reading one of the above posts im looking for a second AV to use alongside and complement my Mcafee enrterprise 8.0i and if this F secure is as good as they say it is i would consider this one. Because looking at the comparison charts NOD which was suggested on the other topic didnt score too well.

Thanks

2. liang_mike

liang_mike Registered Member

I guess one of the reasons is that F-Secure AntiVirus is based on KAV engine. Therefore, people assume that it should perform at least as good as Kaspersky.

I have been using F-Secure and I like it. If you have the computing power to use F-Secure, I suggest you go ahead and try the demo.

One thing I have noticed is that F-Secure doesn't play along nicely with other AV and some firewalls. Something for you to think about.

3. info

info Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.