Any companion to ZA firewall necessary?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Perman, Sep 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I am using ZASS 6.5.737 on one of PCs. I have learned so much from this Forum pertaining to other apps, namely, SSM, Online armor, Cyberhawk and PG. Within ZA firewall, there is a triple-layer protection: network,program and O/S firewall. With these defense, is there any further add-on benifit from the above-mentioned apps ? I am searching a balanced solution; not overkill, nor overlook. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate Registered Member

If you are asking if any of the apps mentioned can do things that ZA pro can't, the answer is yes.

But whether this means you should add them is a completely different matter
    that Only you can decide.

Some posters on this forum use two to three heavy HIPS apps in addition to ZA pro+AV, but of course that doesn't mean you have to ape them.

I would say if you are okay with what you got, then stay with it.

If you are extra paranoid, need a lot of extra protection for some reason , then consider adding maybe one extra piece.

3. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

The best thing about all of the the post 6.xxx paid-for ZA releases is the triple firewall. A HIPS isn't absolutely necessary. However, I wouldn't bet my system's security on VET anti-virus. I would look into acquiring a backup on-demand AV, and perhaps an on access AT such as BOClean. Take advantage of decent free-to-use on-demand anti-malware products like a-squared and SUPERAntiSpyware also.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: On this particular PC, I have Ewido plus and SAS free, also I install Deep Freeze standard. I use DP in frozon mode while surfing the net .I know ZA using EZ's signature, perhaps not that good, I will consider adding an extra on demand AV scanner. Are all these sufficient so far? BTW, thanks for your rapid reponse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.