any cheap avg discounts??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Jun 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

someone i know needs 3 3pc internet security lic's and we are looking for a great deal he wants 2+ years also.. any thoughts? and please dont recc others this is what he wants and he has used it for a long time and is happy with it

edit: do the avg lic's start when bought or can he buy more than one 1 year lic and hold them till needed? i found a great deal on a 4pc 1 year lic but he wanted to buy more than one year? also do they include free updates to 2012 version?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

They start when you activate them, so you can hold on to them for a while, if you like.

Check Amazon UK for cheap AVG 2-year deals. They are going mental on the 2-year prices at the moment.

3. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

Plenty of one year, one PC OEM licenses on ebay for around £5 (from reputable dealers).

There are also four PC, two year deals for around £28.

Just stick to reputable sellers.

4. zfactor

in the usa though and they seem to be all be shipped product and im in the usa. i was looking for digital downloads

5. snippits

snippits Registered Member

Was looking for two year deals last month and could not find a digital download at a bargain price. I ended up buying one license with four seats for one year. I needed 3 seats, and a friend paid a portion of the purchase price for the fourth seat.

I am in USA and bought from a UK online retailer. It was a digital download, and I had the license within 5 minutes of purchase.

---http://store.downloadcrew.co.uk/p14787-avg_internet_security_2011_4-pc_1-yr----

6. carat

carat Guest

7. chriswiles

True. You can buy from any UK or US digital download store and the code will work fine in the States.

8. zfactor

but for some reason the digital downloads are more money right now than the mailed versions was my point with that

9. chriswiles

Some are, some aren't.

One reason some digital downloads are more expensive is that with boxed software, you get "end of life" products. For example, where software is due to be replaced by a new version, so the distributor or retailer reduces the price of the current version in preparation.

The other reason is that customers still prefer to buy from traditional stores. Distributors who handle boxed software (on behalf of the retailers) can commit to thousands of product, thus obtaining the best price from the developer. With digital downloads, the retailer generally buys direct from the developer and in a much smaller quantity, thus the discount is smaller.

There are good digital deals out there though and I do not mean on eBay.

10. chriswiles

Just for you zfactor:

http://store.downloadcrew.co.uk/p23462-avg_internet_security_2011_4-pc_2-yr

Note that the 4-PC version of AVG Internet Security 2011 is a special retail version, which sits between the 3-PC and 5-PC license.

11. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

12. chriswiles

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.