any anti-malware software with NOD32 and CFP D+?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by koliko, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koliko

koliko Registered Member

Hello.
    I'm running NOD32 2.7.39 and CFP 3.0.20 (D+ on) on my Vista. I'm thinking of trying out the DefenseWall HIPS and/or GeSWall 2.7.1 Free. Would that be an overkill?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  2. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I would try them both. Run some test's (AKLT and the like) not to see which is better but to make sure the installed one is running and working correctly on your pc

Not IMO.
    Minimize the risks without overlap is not overkill, IMO.

3. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

My current setup is NOD32 2.7.39, Online Armor 2 paid and GeSWall 2.7.1 Free (XP).
    If we forget about fanboy jabber, it's very similar to your setup.
    I don't think that it's an overkill.
    OA even has some sort of policy restriction (run safer), but GeSWall is easier to use (less popups) and very low on resources, nearly no CPU time or usage.

Cheers

4. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

From my experiences you gain nothing from using 2 HIPS at the same time. No need to run 2 programs that are doing the same thing. Thats like running 2 real time av's. Your current set up is good enough. If you want extra protection then Sandbox your browser instead of running 2 HIPS. I was told by a CEO of Avira that running more then one of the same security programs (over lapping) can actually make you more prone to attatcks cause of conflicts.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Excuse me, u are talking without knowing what u are saying. He wants to use GW or DW that is same like SBIE( the one u r suggesting).

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  6. koliko

koliko Registered Member

Right. So, if I ran GW or DW, there wouldn't be any conflicts/overlapping between CFP D+ and GW/DW? As I understand, both of these applications are basically a mixture of a sandbox and HIPS. In this case, my system would be hardened, am I right?

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am using CFP D Plus with GW, zero conflicts( atleast to the extent I can guess).

8. koliko

koliko Registered Member

Your signature says that you're using both of these products, but I wasn't sure whether D+ was switched on. Thank you for clarifying this.
    Thank you all for your advice. :) Wilders are amazing! ;)
    koliko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.