AnVir Task Manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Coolio10, May 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

What do you guys think about it?

I really like the regular version that i got from giveawayoftheday.

So many nice features and information displayed.
    I got this message saying my giveawayoftheday license expired after i tried to install the updated version :(.

I hope they offer the new version because they added features that were requested.

Right now im stuck with the free version which is still nice but missing the security analysis and hide function i like.

2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have used it since it was on giveawayoftheday. I liked it, and their marketing strategy worked on me coz I bought the Pro version a couple of days later. :)
    Being used to Processexplorer as I was it was a bit cluttered first but after a week or so I got used to it.
    The startupmonitor is good and I like the feature where I can quarantine processes I dont want to run, as soon as the blocked .exe starts Anvir kills it.
    It tells me what process is accessing the hard drive, what process uses the CPU extensively and so on.
    It can log network traffic of the process that I choose.
    It has quickly become one of my must have apps too keep track on what is happening.
    They have fast responses on their forum.

:thumb:

3. Coolio10

Have you tried the new version yet?

Whats weird is that i randomly looked at my start menu and felt like opening anvir the same day a new release came :(.

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Yes I have the latest version. Working fine. They polished the icons a bit and some minor enhancements.

5. Coolio10

Have you noticed they copied winpatrol all the way down to the wording :D.

Atleast they did a good job with it. I only saw one feature that winpatrol has which is delete file on reboot. But i am sure if the developer knew he would add it :D.

Winpatrol is less confusing though and has a couple unneeded features. Who searches through cookies or even uses IE anymore :cool: .

6. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

Honestly, I love Anvir. So much so that I purchased the security suite. (Hint: use the coupon code 'donationcoder' to get 50% off any order). It is a great program that gives you any information you could possibly want about processes running on your system. I like the fact that it has a network monitor where I can kill connections, which is something my firewall didn't have. Also, every AnVir product is portable, which is a big pluyus for me as I do a long of work from flash drives.

It has totally replaced WP on my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.