AnVir Task Manager Pro on sale for $39.95

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by buckshee, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  2. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Normal price $69.95!! Is that a festive joke?

3. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Indeed!

But probably more of a sick marketing plotter at work there because we even find it regularly on promotion for free on the web.

Great software, btw.

4. Night_Raven

Night_Raven Registered Member

While it's not bad, I wouldn't call it great. I'd rather stick with Process Explorer. When it comes to Windows tools Mark Russinovich is the man, so...

P.S.: not does it cost an arm and a leg but it also has Registry Cleaner Pro bundled with it. Talk about impudence.

5. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Yes, you are probably right. I did stop using it with version 5.6.0 and was liking its feature set by then and didn't care to upgrade anymore. I had a check on their latest release and the bloatiness seems to be now hardly bearable. And the changelog tell me that no one added novelty would put me back to it.

Now, if they also include (b)adware with their pro version, as you said, and even at their price, it's just too much for me.

···> Offers to download or install Dealio toolbar that the program does not require to fully function.
    ···> Attempts to change the default search engine for web browsers installed on the system."

And last time I checked for a task manager, Process Hacker was my best choice as for a freeware. Anyways, I find myself using mostly win7 own tools now (task man & program monitor) and I rarely need more. If someone add Systernal's and NirSoft's bundle, no any need to search more...

6. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

See change I made to the first entry about an upcoming BitsDuJour price of $24.95

7. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Id rather use Process Hacker. Much more in depth and free.

8. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

AnVir Task Manager Free and Pro are both excellent; it's my default task manager when I want to see if new start-ups have been added after installs/updates (and potentially disable them) or when I want to take a closer look at what processes or services are running and possibly (re)start or kill something. It has a lot great options, but I don't actively use any of the ones in the Pro version. I only upgraded several months ago to show support for the company after I had used the free version for several years on multiple computers.

fwiw, I also use Bill2's Process Manager (good for managing affinities on multi-core computers and for setting custom rules for processes), Process Hacker (I love the Terminator feature, plus it's portable), System Explorer (several unique features, but I mainly use it when I want to see from the tray icon what processes are consuming most CPU), and on rare occasions I fire up Auslogics Task Manager (it shows you all locked handles by partition, which I sometimes want to know). I would recommend any and all of them (all free), plus AnVir Task Manager Free if you don't want to pay for the Pro version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.