Antiy Ghostbusters 4.0

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Daniel SR, Nov 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel SR

Daniel SR Registered Member

What about this software? Is it any good?

While u r here....I have NOD32(active), Avast Pro(backup), Outpost, Ad-Aware, Spywareblaster, Tauscan and TrojanRemover (I know Trojan Hunter and TDS r better but I don't have the money right now), well...is my pc well protected with this softs?

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

in my short test it found the donalddick generator + client but not the server... that's the kind of security i'd like to have *fg*

3. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Hi Daniel SR

Common sense (e.g. "safe hex") is the most important security feature. If you're careful and knowledgeable (unlike perhaps 98% of PC users I know), then you are very well protected.

About the most significant omission in your list is a backup regimen. Root's post, "Disaster Prevention 101" is great.
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=3677

Here are some other thoughts:
    ~A router with its own firewall (NAT/SPI) would complete the basic protection picture, IMO. A router is a very, very good complement to a SW firewall, and need not be expensive. No worries though if you can't immediately get one. ;)

~Outpost is relatively easy to use, but fine tuning the configuration is important. If you have not done so, I recommend a check at several good online scan sites to expose obvious problems. Then lurk around the Outpost forum and consider the many good tips available on special "maximum security" settings and rules.

~You concede that your AT is not the best available. Actually knowing your weakest link is quite helpful, IMO. I wouldn't worry about it though until you have the $ and inclination to try something else. Perhaps you could give a-2 a try.

Regards
    Optigrab

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.