antivirus softwares that have fast reactive and remediation time

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ifacedown, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ifacedown

ifacedown Registered Member

I want AV/Anti Malwares that have fast reactive and remediation times, like ESET and Emsisoft that unzipping a compressed pack of malwares will cause the malwares to be quarantined at once on the fly as they are being unzipped.

Baidu, 360 IS, Panda Cloud, Windows Defender and ROBOSCAN are very poor at this - when I unzip a pack of malware, they will begin to detect malware only after dozen or more malwares have been unzipped. So, with these slow reactive AVs, on-demand scan is always necessary.

Could you pls list AVs that have fast reactive and remediation times? Thanks.

2. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

Just to understand where you are coming from, do you equate this with an actual level of security? Do you think that an anti-virus, which doesn't scan every file as it's being extracted, will protect you less than one which does?

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

The time between unpacking and detection is irrelevant taking that the samples aree otherwise detected. It's just that some AV's have scanning optimized so it doesn't tax the system all at once when it's not really necessary.

So, scanning everything immediately when you unpack archive is pointless. You can't execute everything as fast to be a problem. So the AV scans the files gradually to keep impact on system low. But if you execute the file directly, it will scan it right away.

Also many AV's use the cloud where they hold the file until results come from the cloud and then it gives the verdict. Which can then result in slight detection delay.

4. ifacedown

Yes, maybe. Am i wrong?

5. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

yes, because every AV scans the file is executed. no exceptions. even if the reaction time is greater, the file won't run before it is scaned.

6. ifacedown

Ok. Like Panda when it checks the files online.

But ESET, despite being so fast in detection is still so light.

7. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

I have found Unthreat AV Free to be very reative and quick off the marks, as it were.

8. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

360 IS by far has one of the strongest reaction times and by far the most hard to bypass...they pick up missed samples very quickly :)

Avast on the flip side can sometimes be slow but one thing about them is if it bypasses avast they dont allow it go much further and plus cloud and some things are big + point for avast.

9. ifacedown

360 IS? Strongest reaction time? Well maybe I have not yet tested the latest version. Some four months ago, as I was unzipping my malware pack, 360 IS reacted ssooo slowly - I mean it - slowly. I did already unzip most of the malwares before it could catch less than 50% of what it could detect. unlike avast and eset, every single malware being unzipped is catched.

10. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I think indian is talking about making signatures...

11. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Yes siketa you are right,the more and more I use 360 it makes me believe more in it.All earlier issues are sealed with the new update to Qihoo v4.9 and it is rock solid!! :cool:

12. ifacedown

Okay. You have to understand exactly what I mean by this thread by reading my first message in this post.

Tell me, how did 360 IS improved? Also, its signatures is about 12 hour late to Bitdefender's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.