Antivirus programmes with outgoing Virus Free Message.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by swisscoms, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swisscoms

swisscoms Registered Member

I am quite impressed with the idea that AVG has on outgoing Email from Outlook Express for my Company. It reads as follows: Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
    Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.423 / Virus Database: 238 - Release Date: 11/25/2002
    Does anyone know of any other programme that has this feature? I think it shows my Customers that I care about keeping the Internet cleaner. Regards all.

2. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hello ;)

AFM, I don't like this feature : it allows too a bad guy to know which AV you are running and when it was latest update and thus to know what is the best way if he wants to infect you purposely:)

Rgds,

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

swisscoms,

No offense, but personally, I'm rather opposed to such statements within emails. First of all, "certified virus free" is a statement no antiviruses can live up to. Apart from that, AVG does overlook/misses viruses - if only because Grisoft updates their database far too less. Last, in case the AVG user does not use the latest database, the statement is useless.

regards.

paul

4. swisscoms

swisscoms Registered Member

Thank you Jack and Paul for the information! I never thought of that angle to be honest. Anymore news on the latest version of AVG which I guess is still in Beta Tests? Cheers:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.