Antivirus Live - am I making a mistake?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Ziggy32, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy32

Ziggy32 Registered Member

I am new to NOD32. I started pushing Symantec Corporate years ago. I became so sick of all the problems it caused that I switched to Trend Micro WFBS about two years ago. That was like jumping out of the frying pan and in to the fire. What a mess.

Anyway ... I came across NOD32 the other day and have been playing with it. I (as a test) can pretty much get infected with Antivirus Live at will. It has been out there for a month or so. I got infected with it again but NOD32 V4 is just sitting down there running fat and happy while my computer is massacured. NOD32 let it through without even blinking.

Am I jumping out of the fire in to the depths of hell? How good is NOD32 and am I doing something wrong that it would just completely miss this Antivirus Live?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It's been already discussed here. If you come across a suspicious file that is not detected by ESET, follow these instructions and submit the file to the ESET lab for analysis.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

If you don't quite understand what Marcos is saying. Run the Rogue AV Cleaner tool detailed here.

4. bradtech

bradtech Registered Member

Over the course of the past 5 months on a large scale environment... 2000 clients I have had 15,000 traces of malware infection quarantined.

5. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Against the fake antivirus programs out there, I've had the best success so far in getting rid of them using ComboFix.

Have recently started using the Eset Rogue Removal tool.

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.