antivirus, hips and sandboxes

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nomarjr3

nomarjr3 Registered Member

The best anti-malware solution is to use a sandbox together with a virtualization software.

I no longer use an AV software. Sandboxie and Returnil or Deepfreeze is more than enough to protect your workstation.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

someone the behaviour blocker from avast is call blocker and is for both paid or free.the script blocker is for pro only.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

nomarjr3 i too dont use and dont like to run antivirus scaners,it is my taste and less time waste.anyway you could get better protection with any sandbox tool or any virtualization program than antivirus/antispyware.
    my wife dont like returnil so i have to replace it with AppRanger 1.8;)

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Someone first you go to standard shield, then customize,then blocker,then block operations,then choose what ever is your need for 1)opening file for writing 2)renaming file 3)deleting file 4)formatting.then at the bottom
    it says allow 1)operation 2)denny operation and apply ok.;) this is for the free version and paid also and for the script blocker thats for the pro version(paid):)

note:the po up avast generates is very simple,not too much info about the behav action. at the least you get a pop up info.i tried all the zemana keylogger test againts it and it generates pop up and blocks all of the leak test after you aplied block.

5. vlk

vlk AV Expert

The blocker feature of avast (Standard Shield) is indeed very dated and is of not much use (mainly because it's too invasive) IMHO. This should change considerably in avast v5 though.

Cheers
    Vlk

6. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

That's cool. Do you know approximately when Avast v5 will come out? Good luck.

Thanks

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yes i agree and it will be nice if in version 5 they change the pop up insted of block replace it with block all that way block any alert at once.
    like allow and allow all is already there but the denny all is missing there.:D
    it will be nice to add the to it for fasting blocking.;)

8. Someone

Hi

I think this could cause system/program errors.

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

do you think so:rolleyes:
    well if you know what to answer that would be not be a problem but for people like me or wife that dont like to click yes or no to all its hard.to be honest i like quiet aproaches.

and yes it may make something go wrong too.

10. Someone

Hi

It's a guess. :)

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

no you are rigth cause we dont know if we are blockingsome thing that need internet acces
    or the behav is not a malware .
    but i noticed that to block an action from the pop up some times takes like
    10 clicks and i found that annoying,so thats why i gave the idea of blocking all insted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.