Antivirus for SBS2003

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by GeordieSEO, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeordieSEO

GeordieSEO Registered Member

Hi guys,

I'm installing our SBS2003 Premium Box (i.e. also has ISA and SQL server) over the next few days. It's been dropped on me at short notice because the boss doesn't want the boxes cluttering up the office :rolleyes: and Dell actually shipped to us before we paid them :eek:

Currently there are 3 of us and our current antivirus layout is as follows:
    I'm using NOD32 (I work from home) which I renewed just prior to Christmas.
    The boss uses NAV2004/05 which was renewed just prior to Christmas.
    The other machine uses Symantec A/V 9.0 but I don't know what the renewal date.

Hence it doesn't seem sensible to me not to buy any client licences at the moment only since we've already have ones at the moment.

One of the things I'm finding is that many of the operators try and get you to buy client licences. Really all I want is a licence to protect the servers main role as a fileserver and ideally to cover Exchange - an ISA plugin would be nice. Emailed notifications of alerts would be nice as I'd be remotely administering it.

I know CA are giving away Etrust at the moment but I've used EZAntvirus in the past an I wasn't happy about the way it dealt with virii when it caught them (I used to have to disable the antivirus so I could delete the files). It also seems to just cover the fileserver side without any ISA or Exchange plugins.

I am also aware the KAV is usually rated the best but from experience it is a bit of a resource hog. Not what you want with 2003 Server, Exchange, SQL server and ISA on the same box, even if it does have 2Gb RAM and a Xeon Processor.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatfully received.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.