antivirus for brontok.c

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by gamer_rizqi, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamer_rizqi

gamer_rizqi Registered Member

hey guys can tell me what the effective antivirus for brontok (but i mind is freeware) please

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

udah banyak di internet. coba cari via google. kenapa gak pake AV yg ada skrg ?

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Would you mind posting in English, if possible?

Thanks in advance,

paul

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

5. cupez80

im sorry :D brontok remover can be found easily on the net. nod32 advanced heuristic can handle these too (already tested :D)

6. can given for me antivirus for brontok c

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Post #4 has some good suggestions. ;)

snowbound

8. Yudhax

Yudhax Guest

Antivirus for All Brontok

Brontok is very medium risk, but make stanger program on our compter.

i have triks & tip to remove BRONTOK, you can try like this:

For first time you must make cleaning your regedit file :
    - regedit : hkcu\microsoft\currentversion\run
    - windows\ <---- remove file direktory (on regedit)
    - finishing : scan with New Update antivirus (last update)

you can checking again and try to make flashdisk again, if any folder(*.exe) you still have BRONTOK from your PC.

i hope, this will help you
    thank you

9. Yog

Yog Guest

I use AVG Free Edition. It just stopped Brontok.C from hitting me, and I started searching to find any information on what this one would have done. That's what I'm doing here.

AVG is very nice: http://www.grisoft.com/doc/40/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

10. mikeshinoda11

mikeshinoda11 Registered Member

My office is now sorrounding with brontok.c. All of pc was infected by this kind of virus..I already perform virus scanning all the pc with and without LAN connection but this kind of viruses is keep comming..i have tried 4 kind of antivirus(norton, kaspersky, bit defender and avg free edition)..the situation become worse when one of the laptop cannot log on to windows after login to safe mode and I cannot install anythings because this virus will restart everytime run *.exe file..anybody can help me..o_O o_O o_O

11. scorpionzero

scorpionzero Registered Member

Same to me,my mates thumb drive get infected by this virus. Pc-Cillin has name this virus as Rontokbro and it is a variant of Kangen.This virus will have a file exactly as Microsoft Word and the file is an executable file named Kangen.exe.I use NOD32 to detect it but if failed. You MUST use advanced heuristics check then NOD32 can detect and delete it.Unfortunetly, this virus appear again in my mates thumb drive.Looks like NOD32 only clean the visible virus and not the hidden one in the thumb drive.I use my friend Internet Security 2006,then the virus is clean completely.
    A lot of people said that Norman antivirus can detect and clean this virus.Just give it a try.Otherwise you can try Internet Security 2006.McAfee also can clean this virus.If you mistaken click the Kangen.exe then it is a nightmare on you.The virus will automatically find all the antivirus exe file and if it found it will try to reboot.Change all your documents file (Word) to its variant.Hard to kill because it is a memory resident virus.Even in Safe Mode the virus still there.Becareful of its camourflage word documents.Virus removal tools (free) i think there is no at this moment to clean this virus.:isay:

12. mikeshinoda11

mikeshinoda11 Registered Member

hello friends..I already find a good solution from an article in Indons website but it writen in Indons..This kind of virus need to clean manually for best result..I will translate the article and put the on my google pages..

Anyway thanks all..

:D :) ;) :p :rolleyes: :D

13. ramkumar

ramkumar Registered Member

i think i have got a new variant of this brontok virus thing....:doubt:
    i would like to name it brontok.[c22].
    it not only acts as a mass mailer....
    it also attacks all the running applications...:thumbd:
    it runs at realtime priority and checks every process for keywords relating to antivirus.
    and if it finds a process relating to antivirus, virus removal tools, antispyware, registry cleaner, etc., it just kills them.
    the intersting part is that it closes all the doors to manual cleaning of the virus.
    ex: task manager
    registry editor,
    command prompt,
    system configuration utility, etc.,
    it even works the same in safe mode and safemode with command prompt only. it also closes internet explorer and mozilla firefox if it finds you are in a antivirus providers page.:(

it makes copy of itself in folders all over the HDD is random basis. it finds a folder creates a copy of it and saves it in the folder with a name of that folder. it has the same icon as folder. hence its hard to differntiate it from a folder and application. only way to differentiate is to right click it and if u see run as... in the pop up menu then delete it. because its the copy of that virus.:thumbd:

it also creates three copies of it in windows folder under the following names:
    j4110827.exe
    o6110822.exe
    _default*.pif

if you have your system restore running then its still harder for you. because u cant stop it.:thumbd:

it also creates a text file : c:\broco bro !!!.txt
    when you open this file you see something interesting
    some good advices written in language other than english.
    and a small display of "BRONTOK" in a window similar to command prompt but with title "command bro".

this is the most interesting virus i have ever seen. i bet that the creater has spent a lot of time coding and analyzing it because it does all this with mere 43KB size.

if anybody find a solution for this virus please post. most of my friends are affected by this virus.:'( :'( :'(

14. ramkumar

ramkumar Registered Member

hey guys good news....
    the boys at symantec had identified the virus i told you about.
    it is a new variant.
    her is the link to its description click here
    but i dont find any removal tools for it..
    will post if i find one...

15. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

16. metallicakid15

metallicakid15 Registered Member

no need to keep this thread bumped the author dosent even post back he probaly already fixed his situation

17. shamsay

shamsay Registered Member

why ESET not provide brontok removal at their website.its easier to us remove this crazy worm. :)

18. cupez80

i think because its not a ITW virus :D its Indonesia local virus

19. Ultima

Ultima Registered Member

penawar-brontok
    this is a good solution...maybe the best!... but the language is for malay/indon....
    anyone that do understand malay can try this 'penawar brontok'

20. east

east Registered Member

dear friends...im new here, well..i still looking ways to get rit Brontok at my home pc. i search it in internet...there some ways i found out, F-Prot antivirus..but when i install it then it run scanning in safe mode...there is no virus found..oh no..i'm sick of this..u all have an idea?

21. Fahd141

Fahd141 Registered Member

Hello every one ..

I know this is old thread :rolleyes:

anyway from that link here you this :
    http://www.kaer-media.org/penawar-brontok/Download.htm

but it is not full edition !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.