Antivirus compatible with Chrome

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nozzle, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nozzle

nozzle Registered Member

Hi all,

I tried to use an antivirus and began to get bsod's. I think it was caused by a conflict with Google Chrome.

I am sure many of you are successfully using an antivirus that has no issues with Chrome. I would like to know your experiences with Chrome and an antivirus that work without errors.

thanks,
    nozzle

2. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

Any traditional blacklist anti-virus should work fine with Chrome as long as you are talking about the browser and not the OS.

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I use Chrome browser, with both Avast and Kaspersky. The only problems I have experienced was that Avast Sandbox caused some problems, but no only with Chome, but also with IE and FF browsers. I do not try to run them sandboxed.
    Jerry

4. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

This is my experience too. I've used AVG, Avast!, Panda Cloud, Bitdefender Free, MSE and VIPRE without experiencing any major problems.
    I only remember Avast! making media streaming a bit laggy but that is all.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I've tried it with Kaspersky, ESET, MSE, and Norton and never noticed any problems.

6. anon

anon Registered Member

Avast! free, Avira free, Panda Cloud Antivirus Free Edition, Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition, Roboscan Internet Security Free.

7. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

Avast Free works so well with Chrome that Chrome comes with the Avast installer/package. lol

8. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

LOL. That's a convincing argument. That made my day;)

9. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

10. er34

er34 Guest

Google Chrome is a web-browser. It cannot cause BSOD.
    There reason is different.

11. nozzle

nozzle Registered Member

Thanks for all the replies. I chose Avast and so far no bsod's. The antivirus that was giving me problems was Webroot SecureAnywhere and I believe it was their driver conflicting with Google Chrome Browser.

I did not initially mention the name of the antivirus I had problems with so I could see if anyone recommended WSA with Chrome. No one did.

Thanks to all again,
    nozzle

12. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Webroot is more of a complimentary av.
    Anyone who uses it as their main and only av are in for a very infected machine.

13. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No, it's not. Who told you that? It can be used along side other AV's but it's not designed like it have to be used together with something else o_O
    Again no, why do you think so? :doubt:

14. The Red Moon

Please use the search function and all will become apparent.I am not going into a lengthy debate about this as the webroot army will march all over me.
    I have made an opinion and my opinion should be respected.:cool:

15. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I agree, and since I have read literally everything that has been posted about WSA on Wilders there's no need for me to go loking for those threads. All I can say is, only because you don't know how a product works you have every right to find out. ;)

16. The Red Moon

I am not bringing webroot down at all,but from what i have seen most people run it alongside something else.I believed that was its purpose.
    Seeing as tests and percentages are such a high priority on here,i have made an opinion based on those.
    Maybe i should try it myself and see.:cool:

17. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Now I get it, well IMO most people do it simply because they can, and maybe even because they don't trust the full power that WSA actually have. :doubt:
    :eek: I thought you had tried it once or twice already, but I guess not. :D Then I can say that since I know that you dislike bloated and I think heavy AV's too, then you surely won't get disappointed if/when you give WSA a go! :thumb:
    But when you do, do use WSA on it's own so you don't blame WSA for something that might be caused by the AV that you're trying to run alongside it.

18. Brummelchen

WSA seems to me like a product like Outpost Suite: firewall, av, hips. i have no doubt it would work proper beside other av - but the general rule is: no second background scanner on one system! (except products with a twin engine - they scan consecutively).

afaik av engines offer a proxy driver which scan incoming data. and the background scanner inspects data written and read from media. so at least there is NO plugin or add-on needed for browser (like eg. avast webrep or avira ask toolbar)

btw you still did not mentioned your av which caused bsod nor you provided desired data from bluescreenview - hurry.

19. The Red Moon

You would be surprised how many people forget to turn off windows defender when they install an av and yet they suffer no consequences for this.

20. Brummelchen

no rule without exception ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.