Antivir PE Classic question

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by disinter1, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Will they ever fix how it updates. It updates, closes and then starts again, and this kinda bugs me alittle, I hope to hear feedback. And also is Antivir Classic as or more trustworthy as McAfee anti-virus paid? Will I get the same or better protection from Antivir or Mcafee?

2. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

What you are asking for has been promised for a future build (at least for a simple vdf 'incremental' Update).

However, you would not want to update during a system scan, as it would tank the scan for you, think this would be true for any AV Program.

Before your next Update, open TaskManager; Processes and watch "avguard.exe" (this is what provides your active, ongoing protection) and you will see that even through "Stopping..." etc. that your avguard remains on the job for you.

There are many excellent AV, AS, and FW Programs available today and many opinions on 'the best' but it boils down to what works best for You and Your System.

During my nine years of Norton, tried three months of McAfee and went right back to Norton.

For me, AntiVir Classic is by far the best I've seen.

I also have ZoneAlarm and three of the 'best' AntiSpywares and confirm with OnLine Ewido and KAS Scans.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It will be fixed later as I read here, BTW it is not bug, the protection must remain even when it closes I think.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

its only the GUI that shuts off during the update the kernel protection is still active during the update.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Avira is an excellent AV, and the Classic is no exception.

There seems to be two problems that are fairly common, as I read the post on the Avira forum and here, and they are the updates, and the guard not active sometimes at start.
    I guess there is one more, and that is the icon not showing in the tray even though the guard is active.

The latter two caused me to remove Avira, but I hope they get those fixed. I look longingly at its detection rates and speedy operation. It is second only to KAV for me.:D

The support at the Avira forum is very good.

Regards,
    Jerry

6. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I think AntiVir PE Classic is trustworthy.
    It's better than McAfee IMO.
    I'm sure that the minor annoyances will be fixed.

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I don't have that guard issue, but I wonder if that is the same issue as in the ewido forum? (that issue I also never had)

Gerard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.