antivir has auto update?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have been testing this one out and have yet to see it actually update it self it seems to always have new def's when i do a manual update though? is there setting i am missing?

also is there a way without re-installing it to remove one or more of the built in features? thanks

2. Leo2005

Leo2005 Registered Member

antivir is automatically set to udpate once a day. you can change this in the antivir scheduler (for the classic the 24 hour intervall is minimum, for the others 15 minutes (not recommended))

to change the antivir instalation run the setup.exe from antivir folder.

3. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Also possible true, Control panel -> Add/Remove programs -> AntiVir, Change, select Modify, make your changes, Next button until Finish.

4. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I used this to uninstall the root-kit module that refuses to work in my 'puter. Now the Classic is a set-it-and-forget-it AV... :thumb: :thumb: *****

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

You can have the free version update as often as you want. Just open the scheduler, right click anywhere on it choose "insert new job" and follow the prompts. I had the free version updating every four hours. Avira updates an average of 3-5 times a day so every 4-6 hours is just about right in setting update frequency.

6. zfactor

what about the paid version? can this be done as well or only the 2 options?

7. zfactor

figured it out. for anyone that is not aware you need to make a new schedule and you can enter any interval you want. thanks for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.