Antivir free of Mcafee Enterprise 8.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Stephan123, Jun 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephan123

Stephan123 Registered Member

I have now got a licence of mcafee enterprise 8.0, i install it next week then will my subscription of norman be expired. Thanks for the reply's

2. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

I am sure that it was a "home" version, came preinstalled on a Dell in February of 2004 and I quickly replaced it with Norton (NIS 2004)
    and she replaced that with EZ-Trust.

Despite a less than stellar rep. EZ-Trust is the best choice for her.

My next Dell, I ordered w/o any antivirus and installed NSW 2005, January of '06, went to AntiVir and have found that it works best for me.

Stephan123,

Hope the McAfee works well for you, remember that a lot of problems can arise from an incomplete removal of previous antivirus program.
    Other Security Software, (like SpyBot S&D's TeaTimer) can interfere with necessary Registry modifications.

3. TeknO

TeknO Registered Member

4. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

I see they changed the Access Protection screen.

5. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

This looks great. The 8.5 version is coming at the end of July according to their website. I use the 8.0i + the antispyware module on my work laptop. It is light on resources and great in detection. Highly recommended.

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Where did you see that? I am beta testing 8.5i and a new beta was released today. Final version expected in October not this month.

pilotart,

I absolutely HATE the last few years home versions of McAfee. I got a new Dell in Feb and was furious because I told Dell to leave off McAfee...it came with McAfee anyway. I refused it and they sent a second machine....with McAfee again . So, I removed it first thing. Even after using a registry cleaner, I had to spend a long time handcombing the registry for all debris left behind. But I have heard so many good things about McAfee Enterprise version that when I saw that I could do a beta of that...I jumped at it and installed it on a VMWare Workstation virtual machine. It's entirely different from the consumer version and I am impressed. If I didn't have a license for Kaspersky on my host machine...I'd be wanting this. Of course, I can beta test the enterprise version but as a home consumer I could never purchase it. Too bad, because the enterprise version is excellent while the home version is awful.

7. eniqmah

eniqmah Registered Member

Sorry about that Mele,
    I meant to say the Beta3 is coming at the end of the month while the final version is expected in October. And yes, the Enterprise is nothing like the home version. I am completely sold on this product. Good thing my company pays for it.

8. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

McAfee are wasting resources to making a VirusScan Home version that is totally a different thing. They can divert their resources of the home team to the enterprise team to make the enterprise version even better.

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

It would be much better for Home users if this suggestion was the other way around :D

10. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hm...I would prefer that they focus on the enterprise version while droping some features that would only be applicable for the enterprise in the home version, for example, so that they will have only one version of VirusScan, one for the enterprise and a trimmed version for the home. They may also produce a VirusScan core with optional modules for the home and the enterprise. If this is possible, the home users will be very happy. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.