Antivir false positives??!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Labrie, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

Well as im not an antivirus expert i may not state that the last 2 detections made by antivir are not false positives...but i assume, usin common sense, that if antivir is the only one who detects as malicious 2 apparent safe programs well i guess that it should be a fp.

Well here are the facts:

Antivir detects as trojan downloader banload 0.49 a component from winrar, to be exact: zip.sfx

It also detects, this time using its heuristic, as hijacker probably variant, a component of a online golf game..."shot online international", concretely: egrnapx2.dll.

The last one is really annoying coz everytime i launch de program to play online antivir does its job very well hehe, but i think this time is mistaken, and it´d be great that antivir experts fix this fp, coz is the only detectin it.

Regards,

vicent.

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

Send the files to Avira (former H+BEDV) team to take a look at them.
    Users here can't really help you, but AntiVir programmers and analysts can.

3. pilotart

pilotart Registered Member

[​IMG]

If you are positive that they are False Positive, just add them to your Exception pages for Scan and Guard.

To send the file/s to AntiVir, if you have filled in the Email blocks under General tree,
    then you can use that Email icon on your Quarantine page to send to AntiVir.

Attached Files:

4. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

Tx for the quick reply, friends. Well im a good boy and the first thing i did was to send the files to antivir ;) Its not my intention to bash, particulary when i adore this product, just helping out.

The exception thing doesnt work for me, i have done what you told me but antivir keeps detecting the hijacker probably variant file.

anyway, your advice is really appreciated.

labrie.:D

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Registered Member

Make sure you excluded object (file in your case) and not process.

6. Labrie

Labrie Registered Member

Ok, Rejzor and other mates! Finallly made the exception tool work, probably my fault it didnt before hehe.

Other interesting things:

the file about the online golf game only is detected when heuristic is at maximum level. Antivir warns about the posibility to get a fp, well like that´s the case, i forgive antivir haha....but i always like things at top level of accuracy. ;)

...but the other file is not detected by heuristics, so i think that one, the winrar file, is a mistaken fp.

regards to all, labrie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.