antivir and firewall

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

is there any good deals on antivir atm other than the norm? and what firewall should I use intill the antivir one comes out?

im a safe surfer so do i need hips or should i just use antispyware?

thanks in advance
    lodore

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

when i last tried antivir i was using looknstop firewall and it worked ok. id stick to the firewall youre using now.

as for needing HIPS, its up to you. its all about what u feel comfortable/secure with.

i think u can do without it if youre a safe surfer. im certainly not one but i can stay malware free without one.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thats the problem i cant use the firewall i got now because its f-secure secuirty suite one and id be replacing it with antivir

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

since ur considering getting the antivir suite in teh future then i suggest u stick to a free firewall (ZA, comodo, winxp firewall etc) or just use ur router if it has a firewall.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ye i have got a nat router. and i can run spysweeper on demand scans once a week say.

the main problem i have is as follows i have a license for f-secure intill december 24th 2006. but if i install antivir i will have a faster more reliable pc. and its only £13 but i know most people will say its my disssistion but i want some sergestions

6. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

The beta one i tried but i had network problems with firewall so stuck with free version that and spyware terminator with hips i feel ok MD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.