antivir and firewall

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

is there any good deals on antivir atm other than the norm? and what firewall should I use intill the antivir one comes out?

im a safe surfer so do i need hips or should i just use antispyware?

thanks in advance
    lodore

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

when i last tried antivir i was using looknstop firewall and it worked ok. id stick to the firewall youre using now.

as for needing HIPS, its up to you. its all about what u feel comfortable/secure with.

i think u can do without it if youre a safe surfer. im certainly not one but i can stay malware free without one.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thats the problem i cant use the firewall i got now because its f-secure secuirty suite one and id be replacing it with antivir

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

since ur considering getting the antivir suite in teh future then i suggest u stick to a free firewall (ZA, comodo, winxp firewall etc) or just use ur router if it has a firewall.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

ye i have got a nat router. and i can run spysweeper on demand scans once a week say.

the main problem i have is as follows i have a license for f-secure intill december 24th 2006. but if i install antivir i will have a faster more reliable pc. and its only £13 but i know most people will say its my disssistion but i want some sergestions

6. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

The beta one i tried but i had network problems with firewall so stuck with free version that and spyware terminator with hips i feel ok MD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.