For some odd reason, my the antispam module of ESET Smart Security ("ESS") generated an "unexpected exception (0003)" while I was using Outlook 2007 on a computer running Windows 7. Technical support had me uninstall and re-install, and I did a little editing in the registry, all to to avail. Finally, I followed this list of instructions: 1. Exit Outlook. 2. In the advanced settings for ESS, uncheck the box for "Integrate into Microsoft Outlook". 3. Restart Outlook so that it runs without ESS integration. 4. Exit Outlook. 5. Rename C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\ESET to a temporary name. (THIS IS THE KEY STEP.) 6. Go to the advanced settings for ESS, and check the box for "Integrate into Microsoft Outlook". 7. Restart Outlook. It seems to be working fine now, and I do not see the error message. I hope that helps someone who has the same problem that I did.