Antispam problem - it won't listen!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by gobbledygook, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gobbledygook

gobbledygook Registered Member

Hi, I'm using Outlook Express and Antispam labels as SPAM emails from a genuine address (a forum) that I regularly receive legitimate emails from. When I click 'Not Spam', or 'trusted address' the emails get reclassified as they should do, but new emails from the same address continue to be incorrectly labelled as spam and end up in the SPAM folder!

If I rescan a folder it pulls out all the emails from this particular address and labels them as SPAM again, moving them to the SPAM folder. How do I make it stop doing this!

I have tried an uninstall and re-install but there's no change. Any ideas?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

are you using the latest version? If not try it

3. gobbledygook

I'm using version 4.0.437.0. I see Version 5 on the website, but it's the 'release candidate' and the list of known issues put me off.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Then at least download 4.2 wich is the latest stable release.

5. gobbledygook

I tried 4.2 and found the same problem, so decided to try version 5. I uninstalled version 4.2, and as I wanted a clean install I deleted the eset folders that were left in the 'application data' folder.

After installing version 5 I have the same problem!. I used the express install, and have not modified any settings. If I click the "not spam" button for any of the emails that are incorrectly labelled as SPAM, I get the message:

"*******@*******.co.uk - not added (already exists in user's Exceptions list)"

so if the email address is in my exceptions list, why are emails from this address being treated as SPAM?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.