AntiBot 1.1.851

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by tsilo, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

AntiBot upgraded to version 1.1.851 where can I find changelog??

2. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Whe knows something about it?

3. denniz

denniz Registered Member

I read a similar post at the Symantec forums, but no useful answer there either.

I do know that it does include a fix for some incompatibility problems that existed between Norton Internet Security 2009 and Norton AntiBot.

4. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

Never got any AB alert o_O
    is it really working lol

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Neither did i and is why i won't trust it.

Surely to peat moss one would expect some kind of security alert when activating test samples but the thing sat there silent as a mouse. I quickly replaced it with Mamutu, at least it's awake on many behaviors, even if some are good.

6. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

AntiBot is often conservative, and does not warn about "potentially dangerous actions"

7. Sportscubs1272

Sportscubs1272 Registered Member

Is Antibot a step above Windows Defender? :D I run Antivir Premium, Online Armor paid, Norton UAC and Antibot.

I know I'm fine with the first three, but I got tired of W. Defender running on my system. Threatfire runs a little sluggish with OA in my opinion. It caused some BSODS in older versions.

8. Makav3l1

Makav3l1 Registered Member

Windows Defender and Antibot are programs for two different applications. Antibot is more a behavior blocker while Windows Defender is a signature based spyware/malware detector. In that sense neither is a step above the other. They aren't really comparable. I hope that helps to answer you question.

9. Sportscubs1272

I wish I had an option to remove Windows Defender or at least have some hope that Microsoft would improve on it.

I had a free license with Antibot so I'm not wasting money. OA has HIPS included and I have Antivir.

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

you could disable it:D

11. Sportscubs1272

I turned it off manually a while back ago. I guess I have read too many threads on this site and I thought NAB might save me on that 'zero day' event.

I'm just curious if anyone tested the HIPS on OA against trojans or viruses?

12. TechOutsider

Windows Defender is decent, and if you have it natively installed, such as on Vista, keep it on.

13. DarkButterfly

DarkButterfly Registered Member

If you never got an alert, that could mean a good thing, right? It would mean that from all behaviors it is able to detect, you're safe?

By the way, if you test it against Comodo's Leak Test Suite, and if you have it to automatically quarantine threats, it will block it as soon as you start it.

I guess that, after CIS (Comodo Internet Security) and UAC, Norton Antibot manages to block it all, only based on behavior.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  14. TechOutsider

You running any other security software?
    Norton AntiBot is behavioral based; of course it can only block actions based on its behavior ... however it does have a stash of a couple thousand generic signatures, soley to ID malware.

15. DarkButterfly

DarkButterfly Registered Member

Yes, it would block actions based on it's behavior, and that's what I wanted to say when I made mention to Comodo's Leak Test Suite. :) So that the user could see it in action. :D

Personally, I do not use Norton Antibot, but I am testing a few applications, specially those that rely on prevention, and then chose those that won't give a hard time to my relatives who will be using the system I'm preparing for them.

Of course I use other security software. Pretty much everything in the prevention field, either apps or other preventive measures. :)

Best regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.