Anti Viruses for free

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by s0bek, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s0bek

s0bek Registered Member

Hi, Im looking for a good virus scanner that also works in background

I was using Avast FREE but it said it had expired and it just stoped working after that. I got some errors (I forgot what it was) I tried reinstall and removing it and downloading it again, still same error.

So im on a hunt for a new anti virus, any help is great

thanks,
    Sobek :D

2. liang_mike

liang_mike Registered Member

Not sure about this, but don't you have to register with Avast again to continue using Avast Free Edition?

3. jlo

jlo Registered Member

Hi think you just have to register Avast and wit will last another 15 months (Still free for home use)

As an alternitive you try AVG free edition http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/1/

I have asked in another thread what the latest experence is with AVG. My father is using it and finds it much quicker than Mcaffee. I can't coment on detection rates apart from they post defs very quickly when major virus outbreaks hit (as do Antivir and Avast to)

The other free software is Antivir personal edition. http://www.free-av.com/

Plus points are good Heuristics but bad points are 1.5mb file updates so if you are on dial up I would avoid this one.

Just my views. :)

Best Wishes

Jlo

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

If you liked Avast before, why not stick with it? It's a very good AV.

As for your problems, I suggest you send a Personal Message to RejZoR. He is an expert on Avast. He can tell you how to fix the problems AND get a renewal of Avast-free.

5. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.