Anti-Virus in year 2015?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RazorBurn, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RazorBurn

RazorBurn Registered Member

What do you expect with the Anti-Virus in year 2015? a full 6 years from now..

Will they be still around?
    Will we ever see a perfect 100% free of malwares in 2015?
    Will I be safe downloading anything, surfing everywhere on the internet in 2015?

or the Internet world will end in before 2015?

2. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

Will they be still around? Yes, but with different methods.
    Will we ever see a perfect 100% free of malwares in 2015? No.
    Will I be safe downloading anything, surfing everywhere on the internet in 2015? Nope.

or the Internet world will end in before 2015? Yeah it's ending 12/12/2012

3. Rain_Train

Rain_Train Registered Member

As long as there is money to be made, people are going to try to do all in their power to get it. And with the Internet, people feel confident in doing just that, because they're often in different countries. So they feel more confident in trying to hack your computer (with "Internet anonymity," so to speak) and get your dough. It's all about the money :shifty: ...

I can see it now... Norton AntiVirus 2015 :blink: !

4. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Will they be still around?
    Yes and I believe that we'll need security software more than now. Just consider that almost all new phones will be some kind of smartphone running an OS. New mobile devices will be always connected and mainly will use APIs of services that will have their vulnerabilities. New bluetooth and usb technologies are coming, specially those wireless. New wireless technologies are coming for home connections and much more. 2015 is just around the corner.

Will we ever see a perfect 100% free of malwares in 2015?
    Ask Microsoft and Apple and those who create software. We'll be almost malware free when those who write code will do it professionaly.

Will I be safe downloading anything, surfing everywhere on the internet in 2015?
    Yes...just virtualize it...or sandbox it before you run it or browse it.

or the Internet world will end in before 2015?
    1. WWIII 2. Enormous natural disasters or a huge eco-crysis 3. Economic and energetic crysis at a level that will make us abbandon cities and become farmers in order to survive 4. Facebook users decide to really use the net 5. Mozy loses my backups ....these are the 5 possible reasons that can make the internet world end. Till 2015 only 2 and 3 have some chances so...maybe.

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Why are you worrying about what may or may not be happening in 2015? I take each day as it comes. (I barely know what's happening tomorrow, let alone 6 years from now.)

Rest easy guys. :)

6. xpsunny

xpsunny Registered Member

The Human race will be extinct in 2012....so why take the burden to worry what would happen in 2015...

Take a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012#Geophysical_and_cosmological

I you think wikipedia is kidding....just watch discovery channel tonight at 10 PM (Indian Standard Time). Name of the show: Cosmic Collision.

7. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

There have been countless predictions over the years about when the world will end and other such related stuff. Most of those have since passed without incident.

If the human race will be extinct in 2012, will that be before or after the London Olympics? ;)

Anyway, this is off-topic material for a forum dealing with anti-virus software.

The fact is assuming we're all still here in 2012, 2015 or whatever, advances will have been made in technology. There's no doubt about that. Things are changing all the time.

8. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Why are we even talking about this? Most of these questions seem rather meaningless.

9. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I don't know if you'll be able to call it antivirus software.

By that date we'll all have mandatory government monitoring software on our computers, and every bit and byte that leaves or enters your computer will be subject to deep packet inspection and monitoring software. :eek:

That's indeed the direction things are headed.

10. RazorBurn

RazorBurn Registered Member

Does that include having CCTV on every rest rooms?

11. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

To the OP - God knows where you came up with question! Does it really matter? You can ask that question about anything - what version of Windows will we have? Will all vehicles run on carrot juice? Will there be regular trips to the moon and back?

I live each day as it happens - why worry about the future! And all these predictions of the world ending are complete bull - scaremongery for the masses of gullable sheep out there - do you remember when the millenium bug was going to crash all our computers? So companies had to bring in outside agencies to test each PC to make sure it was 2k compatible? How much money did that cost companies?

Anyway, there'll always be anti-virus products as long as people who PCs - imagine someone saying 6 years ago - "Anti-virus in year 2009?". Wonder what sort of responses they would have got then.

Sorry for having a rant - should be outside playing golf rather than stuck in work for another 4 hours!

12. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I expect you will be right. It will cause me to lose a lot of interest in the Internet. Maybe I will take up chess or something.

13. nomarjr3

nomarjr3 Registered Member

DPI protection programs will be the new 'fad' in security softwares, like virtualization and imaging is right now ;) .:D

14. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

everyone will give up on PC's & buy an Apple...& they will use virus buster:p

15. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

better had be:-just bought a 25yr licence!(lol)
    talk about worrying for worryings sake!

16. PastTense

PastTense Registered Member

The alternative is that Microsoft could get serious about building security into its products. Anyone think it will?

17. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Don´t believe the hype. 2012 nothing will change. :D

Nonsense, 2012 will be a usual year, like all others, maybe somewhat more turbulent but thats all.

hehe, too early, too early... 2020+

No in contrary.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  18. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Indeed; sometimes I don't even know what I'm having for lunch or dinner :D

What will happen will happen; anti-malware protection will still exist in some form or another. And humanity; well it will end when it has to end.

19. Fly

Fly Registered Member

For consumers, it will always take second or third place. (Or worse)

20. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No.

4. If money is put into it and there is cooperation from ISPs, governments and educational institutions, the internet will be "rebuilt" by then or a year or two afterward. The internet we use now is weak and insecure, and the more burden we put on it (read high bandwidth usage), the easier and sooner it will be brought down. Much like the power grids of the U.S, the current internet can only handle so much load.

21. TechOutsider

TechOutsider Registered Member

This thread is too speculative. Who knows what security vendors will be dead by 2015? Or their products discontinued. Or merged with some other company.

If you mean incorporating a whole AV in Windows, then no. Huge advantages for that AV vendor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.