Anti Stealth Technology

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by TouchuvGrey, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

I just re installed NOD on my laptop ( AMD 64 Turion XP Pro ) NOD1886 (20061127)NT under setup one of my options is "Enable Anti-Stealth Technology" On my Desktop ( older Intel P4 XP Home ) NOD1884 (20061127)NT i don't have that option. Can someone explain to me in simple terms what "Anti Stealth Technology" is and why i have it on one computer but not the other ? Also, how do i get NOD on my laptop to stop appending a note to all my emails that they have been checked by NOD32 ? ( I'm not real big on letting people know my defenses )

Mike

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

From the help file:
    Enable Anti-Stealth technology - enables NOD32 to detect rootkits that use "stealth" technique to hide away from other programs.

3. TouchuvGrey

TouchuvGrey Registered Member

DUHHHHH, i just figured it out, 2.5 on desktop, 2.7 on laptop. Desktop upgraded to 2.7 now. Question about email tag still stands.

Mike :oops:

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

That would be in EMON > Setup > Notifications & select never for outgoing mails.
    For incoming you need to go to IMON > Setup > Pop3 tab and select No notification.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.