anti-spyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by law93, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. law93

law93 Registered Member

but does that mean the spyware terminator isn't that trustworthy or what?...spyware terminator is confusing:ouch:...

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

law93,
    Suggest you have a bit of a browse through the SpywareTerminator forums, then compare the views and feedback within to those contained in the forums (if any) for rogue antispyware applications. That should give you an idea if it's trustworthy/rogue/comes bundled with spyware, or effective.
    http://forum.spywareterminator.com/
    Here is the (definitive) site for rogue information:
    http://spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

3. law93

law93 Registered Member

well, i guess spyware terminator is safe....i'll use it and see how it goes

thanks for your input everyone! :D

4. Get

Get Guest

Why use it when you're GUESSING it's safety? o_O

5. Adric

Adric Registered Member

Figure of speech?

Majority of users say its safe .. so I guess it's safe. I have it installed and I trust it since it has been working well for me. Let bygones be bygones. If ST is up to something shady, someone will discover it - as past history has shown.

@travellinman:

I ran the URL spywareterminator.com by SiteAdvisor
    LlinkScanner
    Dr.WebLinkChecker

All scans came up clean ... so I guess its safe :D

Al

Last edited: Mar 24, 2007
  6. Get

Get Guest

Ok, I understand what's meant by it, but I find it strange people are using securitysoftware which possibly isn't safe itself and saying the majority of users say it's safe has as much value to me as to say: " I guess G.W. Bush is ok , because the majority voted for him".

7. Adric

Adric Registered Member

You take your chances with any software you install or person you vote for. Research helps in the decision making process as to whether you install something or whether you vote for someone. You really don't know if your decision was correct until you have first hand experience.:D

IMHO, I can say ST is safe because I use it and I have not experienced anything unsafe about it since installing it on my system. This seems to be the feedback from others using ST, so I would tend to give this type of feedback more value than your "most voted for GWB" comparison.:)

I see this may be getting OT so I will stop here.

Al

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.