Anti-spyware programmes deleting phantom spyware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AShaR, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

Why is it that if you run a second or third anti-spyware programme, it manages to find and 'delete' the same pest that the first one has already deleted or quarantined? I can guarantee that if you run Adaware after Spybot it will find the same culprits over and again, then if you run MS anti-spyware lo and behold the same happens. What is the point?

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

what if you scan your computer in safe mode with adaware and spybot, will they still find the same?

safe boot= at beginning boot process (before logo appears) press F8 a few times and choose safe mode.

at that time let adaware search and fix what they find and the same for Spybot.

Cause it could be that they couldn't clean it completely especially the new kind of spyware...

3. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

I ran those programmes in safe mode, and Adaware found 42 problems which I cleaned. Spybot then found 19 further problems, again cleaned. After that I ram MS anti-spyware, and 4 more problems were found. A lot of these seemed to be very similar in all threee programmes

That could be it I suppose, but it seems weird that it takes three programmes to clean a pc of spyware. If I had a fourth it might find something else!

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

5. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

Thanks for the offer INFINITY, but I am fairly confident that those three spyware programmes are doing a pretty decent job of keeping the pc pest free. Ther vast majority tend to be tracking cookies in any case. I was just wondering if these programmes aren't picking up spyware which is no longer active or has been cleaned or quarantined by previous scans by another programme?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.