Anti Spam

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by marcusa, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcusa

marcusa Registered Member

I have been a NOD32 user for some time, and decided to try the Beta Suite as the outpost firewall was coming up for renewal.

I have no issues with the AV and none yet with the Firewall, however the antispam seems very light, i think the Outlook 2003 antispam module has more functionality and seems to work faster.

My question is:

IS there going to be a block list from someone such as Spamhaus in the release version?

I find spam to be a problem, a huge problem, coupled with a private mail server i own having email addresses cloned in a "Joe Job", I tend to get massive numbers of rubbish emails around.

At the moment i am disapointed in the AntiSpam and am thinking about doing an uninstall on the suite and go back to just AV, get another firewall, and invest in some more AntiSpam.

Marcus

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Do you mean that spam slips through the antispam protection?

3. marcusa

marcusa Registered Member

No

The issues are:

1: There is no automatic interface to a block list as provided by SpamHaus, I would think to offer it as a suite it would need to offer the additional functionality.

2: When you identify an email sender as spam you have to undertake 2 actions 1 add them to the black list and second identify the message as spam. This should be a single click, move the message and add them to the black list.

3: As I said there is no real spam functionality above that available in most email clients.

4: There is no capacity for user defined words or phrases being blocked, simmilar to the create rule in outlook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.