Anti-Malware Blocked Items

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by John Bull, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

I have Emsisoft Anti-Malware full version on trial. What I have noticed is that the Guard has blocked a great number of items. It captures some every time I am on the net.

It is not Emsisoft AM I wish to cover, this is dealt with on other threads, but the incredible number of blocked items being logged.

Before I installed this program, my existing security programs worked fine and still do. My computer is completely clean and has been for months.

My question is :- If my system was/is being completely protected by my existing programs, yet Emsisoft AM is picking up vast numbers of intrusions, what happened to these intrusions before Emsisoft was installed ? They certainly did not penetrate my defenses, yet they were obviously still live and kicking.

John B

2. datarishik

datarishik Registered Member

Could you please elaborate on what items were blocked? I also have a giveaway license of EAM and I have not seen it block anything. It is just working as an on demand scanner in my case. How did you get it to work? Thanks.

3. kmr1685

kmr1685 Registered Member

my friend if you have the latest version with mamuntu and file guard working in real time then you will see lot of thing blocking and warning from EAM.:eek: i am missing my mamumntu very badly:'( if you want the truth,it is really good piece of software.:D :thumb:

4. markusg

markusg Registered Member

you mean it blocks when you browsing the web? perhaps this are some ads or something like this?

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

If I remember correctly Emsi shows a block message when it blocks cookies so that may be it.

6. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

EAM is on a 30 day trial. I never did anything, just installed it and it started chugging away merrily. Has`nt given a hint of trouble, just seems to be doing what EAM has to do.

When surfing, I get a panel pop-up at the bottom right saying that EAM has blocked something - it shows the offending item with a few details, I click OK and it sticks it in the log file and waits for the next jaywalker to come along.

I think that this EAM is by far the best AM program I have ever seen and I sure have seen a mighty lot, including your record breaking threader Hitman Pro - which after a very short time I dumped.

The screen shot of my ever growing larger log is shown below. They seem to be Behavior blockers. I have not had it running more than a few days, the trial count is now 25 days left at 20.30 BST (GMT + 1) and the list shown is VERY large.

My question is repeated :- If all these blocked items are threats, then why did they not pose a threat before EAM ? As stated, my machine has been as clean as virgin snow for a very long time without all these EAM items being blocked.

Screen shot :-

Emsisoft.JPG

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Emsisoft AM replaced KAV on my machine about two weeks ago and I have been extremely happy with it. I have turned off the balloon alerts about websites being block so it does so silently. It also plays well with my other security DW 3.07 and MBAM.

8. Judge Dee

Judge Dee Guest

Some (maybe all) on your log are site trackers, letting website owners know who visited, from where, what browser, etc. Leadback and hitbox are two. They're trackers, which are not really threats (except in a privacy sense).

9. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

EAM's webshield perhaps? I really don't think EAM would catch that many things all of a sudden. Maybe your previous security app was set on silent mode or default blocking or something?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  10. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

That blocking activity is the A2 scanner, in Surf Protection, blocking tracking cookies. The frequency of tracking cookie blocking is a bit startling, compared to other online malware scanners.

I've been using EAM for a couple of months and I'm very pleased with it.

11. datarishik

datarishik Registered Member

I'm sorry if I have hurt anyone. I think EAM was not working because I did not install beta updates. I did so yesterday by checking the option for beta updates and everything is working fine now. To test it again I downloaded Trojan Simulator and even before I could run it EAM blocked and quarantined it.:thumb:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  12. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

John, ideally, you want those sites blocked. Mainly ads and trackers as mentioned above.

There's an option to make these alerts 'silent', so you're not notified you when a website block takes place. Enable this option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.