Anti-keylogger's

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by luciddream, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Right now I'm using Keyscrambler Free, but I'm thinking about enhancing my protection for this vector with a paid product. A few of the options I'm looking at are Keyscrambler Premium and Spyshelter.

It seems like Spyshelter provides a few more features (clipboard, screenshot protection), and a HIPS (system protection). I wonder if some of this stuff would be overlap with my existing Comodo HIPS though?

I'd appreciate some good, objective feedback about these products and any others I haven't mentioned too.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

comodo+ has the power to block keyloggers in real time:thumb:

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Online Armor with everything auto disabled :D

4. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

If you have comodo you are good to go.. you can just use sol or rapport(both free) for ur browser protection against the loggers

5. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Are you looking for system wide protection (i.e. anti-logger protection for anything you type/copy in any application on your p.c.) or protection just for your secure https sessions, e.g. online banking?

6. enemyofarsenic

enemyofarsenic Registered Member

I'm using Comodo Defense+ HIPS and Emsisoft Mamutu behavioral blocker, seems to be a good combo. And yeah you can add browser based protection like Trusteer Rapport etc.

7. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Keyscrambler premium does a very good job on protecting commecial keylogger, you can see the test on raymond.cc blog

I like spyshelter better since it has lifetime subscription and also wider protection range. It has hips that work nice. But that would means overlap with comodo

In the end if comodo is a must, just add keyscrambler premium.
    Although I see some member use both comodo + spyshelter without any problem

8. gery

gery Registered Member

add Zemana . You can find some free full license around the web lately.

9. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

System wide. I see that Keyscrambler Premium encrypts just about any keystroke you'll ever make: Win Logon, Office docs, password managers, online gaming, ect... As others have said though if something was trying to log my keystrokes, or capture the screen, D+ would let me know anyway. So encrypting my keystrokes may be moot.

I don't do online banking, but I do online purchasing (Ebay, Amazon, Paypal), and like to be safe.

Spyshelter is very affordable. That caught my eye too. Is that KS Premium price only for 1 year? If so that's pretty steep.

10. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

sorry for that But comodo Can't stop All of the keyloggers :(

Better to add keyscrambler

11. JimboW

JimboW Registered Member

Neo’s SafeKeys. It’s a free portable virtual keyboard. When it’s open it also blocks screen logging and averts clipboard logging by using drag and drop. -http://www.aplin.com.au/-

12. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

On screen Keyboard is Not safe From all Keyloggers

I Know a Man in my institute

that claims he can Log Kaspersky Virtual Keyboard By a Keylogger

o_O

13. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

he of course would be happy to contact Kaspersky about it and let them investigate (fix if necessary) his claims.

14. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

i don't think he will do that :) because he is a Hacker

anyway if i could get a sample i will of course upload it to Kaspersky team
    But i don't think he will trust me enough to give The Keylogger to Me

15. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

I didn't expect anything else :thumbd:

16. blasev

blasev Registered Member

Yup KS has yearly subscription

For system wide you have several option : spyshelter,zemana,mamutu.
    KS only work on selected software

Once I run OA (keylogger protection on)+ Mamutu + Spyshelter + keyscrambler free for firefox :argh:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Wow, OA + Mamutu + Spyshelter + Keyscrambler?
    Damn :D

18. blasev

blasev Registered Member

If I add zemana and trusteer raport
    It would make me anti keylogger junkie :D
    Or at least I can eat some frying bacon :argh:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  19. sun88

sun88 Registered Member

Trusteer Rapport is free, and they are partners with major banks, including eBay, Paypal, and B of A, so I think you can trust them. See this thread for proof that Rapport works.

20. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i use OA++ to block keyloggers:)

21. Scoobs72

Up to a point. D+ doesn't cover all keylogging angles. For more info there's plenty of threads about D+ failing the Spyshelter tests over at the Comodo forum.

I would recommend either Zemana or Spyshelter but you already have a HIPS so you have to be careful running two HIPS together. People will say "hey I run them together and they work fine", but it's impossible to know for certain, so it's best avoided if you can. One possible way round this is to turn off the HIPS components in Spyshelter or Zemana, leaving just the anti-logger capabilities.

If you can do without the system wide protection and just opt for browser protection then Rapport would be a reasonable choice - but make sure to amend all the settings to provide full protection on not only their partner website but also the websites you manually add.

Of course, if you're confident you won't get infected in the first place with D+ you don't need additional keylogger protection :)

22. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

if d+ is set to paranoid will intercept any keylogging activities in real time:thumb:

23. asr

asr Registered Member

I have been using Spy shelter Premium and to date has done a great job for me, no problems. This is a paid version due to 64 bit on my laptop:D

24. Scoobs72

You mean "Tear-all-your-hair-out-and-scream-at-your-PC-due-to-the-insane-number-of-popups" mode? :)

25. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Prevx has been one of the best for detecting, and removing keyloggers for the past several years. I would expect even better results now that Webroot has combined SpySweeper's data base with Prevx in the cloud. SpySweeper has consistently been ranked as the #1 or #2 holder for detecting, and removing keyloggers on PC World's test despite it's heavy resource usage in comparison to Prevx. In those same test by PC World SpySweeper even tested better in some areas such as removal than Prevx. It seemed like these 2 always were neck, and neck for the #1 slot. We will soon have the best of both Worlds rolled into one product. The name for the product has not been set in stone yet. It was called Webroot SecureAnyWhere, and now it's being called Webroot Cloud AV. The new product is going to offer so many different features & technologies rolled into one product that it's hard to come up with a name that's worthy of it's unique one of a kind malware solution. No other product has ever offered such a solution that is compatible to run along beside your current choice of internet security applications to further enhance what security solution you already have. As far as I know it will be the first product to offer a third party firewall compatible with all other third party firewalls. It truly could be one of the most amazing products ever released. This is nothing new to us here at Wilders though since Prevx has always taken the approach to make their software compatible with all other security vendors. So far Prevx has been very prompt in responding to any feedback or bug reports I have sent them. I'm on vacation right now, and I can't wait to tinker with it some more when I get back. I guess that's kinda bad when i'm suppose to be relaxing on vacation right now lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.