Anti Explorator 2.1.0.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by liba, Mar 17, 2018.

1. liba

liba Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2018
  2. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Er, nope!

I will never believe any program can provide 100% protection against malware, spyware, trojans and rootkits.

I don't want any program removing what it feels are, "any unwanted files in your registry."

Pass!

3. anon

anon Registered Member

o_O
    o_Oo_O
    o_O o_O o_O

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I've installed it and it's doing an update. So far its taken 15 minutes and is only at 25%.

5. roger_m

It eventually finished updating. I ran a quick scan and it identified a single file. It was an updated installed for a program which used OpenCandy. I would need to purchase a license to remove it. You can only quarantine or remove threats. There is not option to whitelist them. There is the option to report false positives. But this just opens a web page where you can manually upload and report false positives.

I also scanned two download folders, both of which contain installers for many PUPs. Nothing was detected.

I uninstalled this. It did not seem remarkable in any way and I could no be bothered scanning actual malware first, to see if it would detect any of it.

6. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Why would you need to report false positives? In addition to providing "International" :confused: security with 100% protection against malware, spyware, Trojans and rootkits, it clearly states "No False/Positives". :rolleyes:

No. Run past! ;)

Oh, and here's more red flags. If you visit the actual https://anti-explorator.com/ site and scroll down to "What others say about us", note the two sites that recommend it. Then see who owns those two sites here: Whois: downloadcentral.dk and Whois: download.dk. Note they have the exact same address and phone number.

Then see who owns the Anti-explorator.com website here: Whois: anti-explorator.com. Recognize the city, postal code and phone number?
    No! Turn around and run away! :ninja:

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Here we go again.

When will they ever learn, or better yet, doesn't vendor wannabees even look at the gobs of those type programs already flooded and floating around the net? Seriously folks, you know as well as I do that these types are a dime a dozen free/paywares and in a world that is viciously notorious and sharp as a whip code infiltrators these programs are a total waste of time and effort to even try to peddle anymore.

Hah, and the nonsense of soliciting by using the term "specially developed" & "any shape or form" just wreaks with Windows 98 days peddling tactics.

Come on :cautious: Sorry to sound so negative but this stuff is gone the way of the dinosaur long time ago.

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

@Bill_Bright Couldn't agree with you more. This is garbabe

@roger_m There is an easy way to avoid Open Candy. I always leave NVT ERP in alert mode on an install. The open candy exe's are easy to spot and I just block them.

9. Callender

Callender Registered Member

RE: Open Candy. I scan any downloaded installers with PE Studio:

https://www.winitor.com/binaries.html

Just drag any installer .exe onto the desktop shotcut to scan it.

If Open Candy is present I install the program via this batch file. Just launch the batch file and drop the installer into the window.

Code:
    @echo off
    rem Title: NoOpenCandy
    rem Author: rugk - https://forum.eset.com/user/3952-rugk
    rem Version: 0.8
    rem Website: https://forum.eset.com/index.php?showtopic=3701
    rem Description: This script will start installers containing the PUA library OpenCandy in a way they don't use this component.
    rem License: This script is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ .

title NoOpenCandy

rem ** fast start **
    cls
    echo Initialising...
    If exist "%~1" (
        set exe="%~1"
        set name=%~N1%~X1
        goto start
    )

rem ** ask user **
    :ask
    cls
    echo Please drag and drop an application on this file to start it automatically,
    echo drag and drop it here or type in the path and press enter.
    :askdirect
    set /p exe=Installer:
    If not exist %exe% set exe="%exe%"
    If not exist %exe% (
        echo The file doesn't exist.
        goto askdirect
    )

set name=installer

rem ** start **
    :start
    cls
    echo Starting %name% without OpenCandy...
    start "%name%" %exe% /NOCANDY
    exit

10. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Easier just to install with ERP on alert. Then just watch what it does and block anything open candy

11. roger_m

OpenCandy doesn't bother me, as Unchecky unchecks any unwanted extras. The installer using OpenCandy, was just the only thing it detected on my system, despite there being plenty of other questionable installers in my download folders.
    It missed that bit :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.