Anti-Executable 3.3

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Osaban, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I'm testing it and it's better in terms of conflicts with other applications. I wish Rmus would take a look at it, and see if it is as effective as version 2.

http://www.faronics.com/html/choose.asp?software=5, 10

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Beat you to it. Already asked him.

Pete

3. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

does it work along side SB now? or again screw all up :D

edit

i think faronics are the dumbest company i ever seen in my life!
    they been alerted in previous versions that there is a conflict with sandboxie , so this version is the SAME!!!
    don't install this crap , better save your time and ass messing with it ! it might damage yours SB drivers
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  4. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I don't have Sandboxie, so I can't tell. I also decided to uninstall FirstDefense PC Rescue as I find ShadowProtect is as fast in doing exactly the same operations. The reason I'm posting this release of AE is that I received an e-mail from Faronics notifying me of a new version (May 2009). I also have uninstalled Avira, and will keep AE 3.3 if it won't affect other applications. So far, no problems, Shadow Defender works perfectly with it.

The big difference with the last version I tried of AE3 was that when you install it it gives you the option of creating a white list during the install, which you can modify later if you wish. Avira was fine with it as well, although I can't see any point in running them together.
    @ Demoneye
    Insulting a company or venting your anger at people who are intelligent won't solve your problem with Sandboxie.

5. demoneye

i dont know how did u find ShadowProtect and first defense rescue same?
    just wounder lol
    they are different type of approach to pc o_O

6. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

We are talking about AE here. The reason I mentioned FirstDefense PC Rescue is that it had a conflict with AE 3 in the past.

7. demoneye

ok , so now its passes to SB? :D

8. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

These posts are a waste of time. This application should be tested by people who have the patience to read installation instructions. I myself had big problems, and had to re image my system the first time V3 came out.
    But I had big problems with Sanboxie, Returnil as well, this is the reason trial periods are offered.

Prorootech, this is version AE v3.3 not v3.0

10. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Why does Faronics need to know my telephone number? I don't mind them asking for my email address...but my phone number? That's too personal. I just want to try their product. Think I'll pass.

Just my viewpoint....and

Later....

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I think most of their customers are companies, universities etc, it makes sense to have a telephone number... I'm sure if you give them any telephone number, they'll still allow you to test their application.

Their support is really one of the best, that's the only reason I have a sort of loyalty towards them. On the other hand, here at Wilders AE has not yet been bypassed by malware either real or POC.

12. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Version 2 was crashing SuperAntispyware. I doubt it's fixed in version 3.3.

13. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

The principal differences that I notice between the first v3 and v3.3 are

• the option to auto-create a White List upon installation.

• maintenance mode, where new executables can be added to the White List

My complaints are how v3 differs from v2 which I've already discussed in another thread.

Like any product, the evaluation period provides time to determine how the product fits in with your own security strategy and if it conflicts with other software already installed (and to read\study the User Guide).

----
    rich

14. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It is nice to see you addressed as a real "Exploit Analyst", a well deserved appellation considering all the informative posts that you have shared with us!

I remember reading that thread, and you said that AE3 was not analyzing all file extensions as AE2. My concern was about the conflicts that previous versions of AE3 had towards other applications, and there seems to be an improvement with this aspect.

15. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

Thanks, Osaban!

Yes, for various reasons, Faronics decided to block just application file types in v3. This means that v3 did not block conficker which used a DLL. I complained to Faronics about that.

Even though both attack vectors conficker used are easily blocked by other means, it was the principle of the matter as far as I was concerned!

For example, there are other ways of sneaking in a DLL, such as here:

http://www.urs2.net/rsj/computing/tests/hmmapi

----
    rich

16. demoneye

this convince me more that AE 3.X is a total crap, they don't paY attention to users complaint, and i talk also on SB conflict with it that been email them by some members from here .
    now we find it even vulnerable to such a simple file... now we have to wounder what else it vulnerable to... and yea they don't care what u email them so don't bother ! HAHAH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.