Another SATA problem v8.0.791

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jumbie, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumbie

Jumbie Guest

Created Bootable Rescue CD and decided to give it a shot since I was hearing of so many problems on this forum rearding TI and SATA drives.

TI recognizes my external firewire HD (with the image on it) no problem, but it labels it as my C:\ drive and completely fails to see my internal SATA.

Instead, I am given the following message upon booting the rescue CD - "ata1 failed to respond (30 seconds)"

Boy am I ever glad that I found this out before I actually needed to restore!

My [relevant] config is as follows

Win XP Pro SP1
    Athlon 64 2800+ [Newcastle]
    Asus K8Ne Deluxe
    Seagate 200 MB serial-ATA HD

Is there anything at all that I can do as a workaround, or should I look for another imaging software?

2. sandokan

sandokan Registered Member

The relevant data would include your SATA controller's make.

3. Jumbie

Jumbie Guest

Umm yeah, oops...

Silicon Image Sil 3114 SATA controller

ANd in case it matters, the chipset on that particular mobo is NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jumbie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Please make sure Acronis Bootable CD is created with the latest (791) build of Acronis True Image. The latest build does support Sil 3114 and the system should work properly.

Could you please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if doesn't help please create a sysinfo.txt file and send to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. Please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions. Please indicate in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Jumbie

Jumbie Guest

Thanks for the reply Ilya.

I was using build 774 (and a boot disc made with that version) and upon receiving the error and seeing a recommendation to upgrade, I installed 791 and made a new boot disc correspnding to it.

Same problem. Maybe I needed to uninstall first as I just did the upgrade over the previous version?

Anyway, I'll give the acpi thing a shot a bit later and if it doesn't work, will follow your further instructions.

For what it's worth, I do not have any kind of RAID setup in my machine. There is only the one internal SATA + the external parallel ATA HD.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Jumbie,

It seems really strange that you experience problem with this controller, especially since it is set in non-RAID mode. It is not necessary to uninstall the previous build of Acronis True Image before the installation of the latest one.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. Jumbie

Jumbie Guest

Actually, I may have been wrong about the SATA controller. I had looked at the mobo specs on Asus' website and they showed the Sil controller, but that's probably just for RAID configs.

Under Windows XP Device Manager, the controller for IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, it lists:

NVIDIA nForce3 250 Serial ATA Controller (v2.6)

I think I remember reading somewhere that Nvidia doesn't want to release their controllers to you guys?

8. Acronis Support

Hello Jumbie,

Acronis True Image may have some problems working with NVidia RAID but since you have just single hard drive (non-RAID mode) there shouldn't be any problem. That is why we have to look at the sysinfo.txt if the workaround doesn't help.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. Jumbie

Jumbie Guest

Okay, sure thing. Sorry if I'm being a pain.

Can't reboot right now, but as soon as I do, I'll let you know what the verdict is and send in the nfo if the acpi workaround doesn't help.

10. Acronis Support

Hello Jumbie,

You are not a pain at all. It is the main purpose of the forum - to help our customers solve their problems with Acronis software. Acronis is not going just to sell products but wants those who purchase it to enjoy using the programs.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

11. Jumbie

Jumbie Guest

Didn't work.

Same error regarding "ata1 failed to respond (30 seconds)"

Didn't have the external HD powered on, so this time it didn't detect and hard drives.

Will send in the sysinfo.txt file.

12. Acronis Support

Hello Jumbie,

Please indicate in the letter that you have already tried the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and inlcude the link to this thread. If you don't recieve the response within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis request # that will be sent to you in an autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. bushSUX

bushSUX Guest

any update to this?
    I have the same problem with the same board.

14. Acronis Support

15. Jumbie

Jumbie Guest

I sent in my sysinfo.txt file to support yesterday along with the .nfo system information file.

I'll post what the outcome was if they were able to help me.

16. Jumbie

Jumbie Guest

Looks like it's fixed.

Support sent me an ISO which I burned onto a new CD with Nero and it's now recognizing my HD.

Haven't tried to do anything yet so don't know if it really is working 100% but I wouldn't see why not notw that it's seeing my SATA drive.

Thanks for the help Ilya!

Bush, contact support and they will likely send you the ISO as well. I'd post the link but I saw that done in another thread during my search and it was removed.

17. Acronis Support

Hello Jumbie,

Glad to be of any help to you. You were right not to post the link to the ISO file you were given. If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software please feel free to ask them on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.