Another S.B question

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by mick92z, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Hello, regarding Sandboxie, i have 3 boxes, for different users.
    I am the only admin account. In the boxes used by other users, programs are forced and no recovery is allowed. I have locked the configuration, so the other users ( limited accounts ) cannot disable forced programs or make any alterations.
    I thought I had things locked down, then it occured to me, they can simply right click on firefox and choose to run it from my box , and so recover files. Is there anyway to stop them running programs in my box.
    Thank you very much

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Hi mick

You could set the only folder available for recovery in your box as one with only write permissions for you as administrator. Then re-lock your SB configuration.

Then, even if other users use your sandbox, they won't be able to recover to that folder as they won't have write permission - given that they're non-admin.

I haven't tried this, but that would do the trick, wouldn't it?

philby

3. culla

culla Registered Member

you could remove it from the right click menu

4. sbseven

sbseven Registered Member

I think they can also work around your aims by downloading the file (to a location that's not blocked) and then just use Explorer to retrieve it directly from within C:\Sandbox. Can you actually prevent this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.