Another problem with the archive support?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by BTIsaac, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTIsaac

BTIsaac Registered Member

It appears that the latest version of the archive support module doesn't like the K-lite Codec Pack's installation file. The message I get is
    D:\Documents and Settings\user\Desktop\progs\klcodec410f.exe »INNO - unsupported option
    This is recent, and the Archive support module's version dates for today, so I think it could use a little looking into.

2. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Although
    I don't have K-lite Codec,
    and
    I run NOD32 version 2,

I too have again some kind of issues (much longer scantime, etc) with todays update for the archive module:
    (again) scantime - now arch module 1082

PS: please note that the numbering for the module is different for the different versions of NOD32/ESET AV.

PS-2: I don't know whether your and mine issues are related ...

3. BTIsaac

BTIsaac Registered Member

That increased your scan time? For me, it was cut by 10 minutes.

4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Strange ....
    My scantime was up from about 27 minutes to 66 minutes (on NOD32 v2), and I am not happy with that!
    Last week I had a similar experience but a few days later another archive module update was released and that gave me back my usual scantime of about 27 minutes; I can only hope that that will happen this time too .....

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Simply disable scanning of archives. The more packers we add the more file will be unpacked and the more time it will take to scan them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.