Another problem with scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mele20, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Why do I get this error when attempting to scan the CDROM drive?

Attached Files:

2. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

If you select the tab "Scanning targets", is the CD-drive selected in either the "Disks" or the "Directories and files" section?

Best regards,
    Anders

Attached Files:

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

NOD won't let me select just the CDROM drive in the "disks" section. It will let me select all three drives listed there A (floppy), C (hard drive) , D (CDRom drive). I don't want to scan drive A though because it is dead at the moment and I haven't installed a new floppy drive yet. I don't particularly want to scan the CDROM drive right now either, but I was curious as to why I get that error as I might at some time wish to scan it so I wanted to figure out what the problem is.

The CDrom drive is not in the directories and files section. I added it and then I was able to scan the drive successfully. Thank you!

However, now I have another problem. I am unable to check drive C (hard drive) in the disks section! (I had unchecked it as I didn't want that scan to run first before the drive D scan). Now, I can only check all three drives in the disk section or none! How do I check just the C drive?

As a workaround I added the C drive in the directories and files section so I can see if Windows Scheduler runs the weekly scan correctly in a few hours.

4. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Hmm.. something is weird.. In order to select or deselect a certain disk, double click on that drive in the "Disks" section. So, in order to just select C: and the CD-ROM, select "Deselect all", and double click "C:" and "D:".

Best regards,
    Anders

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I feel stupid. (Blushing) I guess I must not have been double clicking. Why, I don't know. It works fine now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.