another pretty fair online security site

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by bigc73542, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

http://www.staysafeonline.info/

If you use the link, take the test you will find there and test your security knowledge. It won't strain your brain but it is interesting. :)

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

It's a very basic test. I doubt if non security aware computer users are helped. At least more security conscious users will soon find out the limits of this test. The fact that I don't turn of the computer when I'm not behind it and that don't have the phone number of experts at hand seems to cost me some points. I DO HAVE A DECENT SETUP AND I AM MY OWN EXPERT.

Sorry for yelling, I don't like this kind of tests. My mother in law (she's quite computer minded and knows my phone number) would rate higher than I :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ..., yet I would not dare to offer her my security management job.

Besides (but that's my own little problem...) I don't like all these stars and stripes on that site telling me how to be secure...

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I believe that you can not ever read enough security related information. Like I said in the original post the test wont strain your brain. But it might just bring an issue to mind for someone that had been getting lax in one aspect or another. Not liking all the stars and stripes is another problem alltogether. ;)

4. meneer

meneer Registered Member

OT: I don't mind stars and stripes ;) it's more that the american way of defining security is not trusting anyone else. In this respect I'm more of a liberal :D

5. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    It would be great if they put Wilders Security in the list of resources as it is most likely the best available. :eek:

6. AplusWebMaster

AplusWebMaster Registered Member

;) 'Maybe not a good thing to be on -any- government lists, eh? :cool:

7. JayK

JayK Poster

Here's mine, quite fair assessment I think.

You are fairly security-conscious, but you still need to do more!
    Based on the results of your answers, you have a basic knowledge of how to stay safe online. However, there is more that you could be doing to keep your computer, and our nation's computers, out of harm's way. You may know the Security Tips, but do you follow them all? How about being extra vigilant when it comes to all the pieces of the puzzle? And spread the word about being cyber secure!

8. JayK

JayK Poster

"3. Have you read about a security hole or security patch for your computer within the past 6 months?"

Does it count if I only applied the patch and not read all the geeky details about it?

"4.Do you have written procedures of what should be done in case something strange does start happening, e.g., turn off the computer, call your cousin?"

Why would I call my cousin? He hates me, after I blew up his computer while installing a antivirus for him.

9. spydespiser

spydespiser Registered Member

You are a cyber secure citizen!
    "Congratulations"
    I'll be the judge of that!

:D :D :D

Bit of a daft question that, if you ever needed to take such simple steps wouldn't exactly be hard to remember

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.