Another interesting feature to add?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by VikingStorm, Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

As we know, the advanced heuristics are very effective. However, I've encountered 1 virus and 1 trojan that NOD32 detects with AH, but not without. If there was a feature to include directories to enable advanced heuristics in AMON, such as the default download folder, or temp folder, I think it would be a great addition.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hello,

AMON does not use the advanced heuristics because it significantly slows down the computer performance.

3. sig

sig Registered Member

What kind of performance hit is there? Is it equivalent to NAV? KAV? Or far more than KAV so that implementation is virtually unfeasible for the PC user? Presumably such a setting wouldn't be used to scan all files. Just wondering since it is not clear how much of a performance hit is involved.

And as I previously asked here, but have yet to receive a response, why not include AH as an option within the NOD on demand scanner GUI rather than the current rather inelegant method of running it from the command line? (Which is not even documented in the Help File, by the way.)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Marcos, I setup all my customers computers with "Deep Heuristics" as well as our own PC's, and haven't noticed a slow down, I gather this is only found when using Advanced Hueristics?

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

• Deep.JPG
      Deep.JPG
      File size:
      21.2 KB
      Views:
  5. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

I would also like to see AH added as an option in the NOD (on demand) scanner.

6. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Are you referring to an option other than the AH shell option? It's pretty useful as it's configured.

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=9776

7. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

Hi optigrab,

I use it that way now.

http://webpages.charter.net/gunn1943/nodah.jpg

However, most folks using NOD32 are not even aware of that option because it isn't documented anywhere in the Help information?

I believe it would be beneficial to include that option in the NOD (on demand) scanner for the end user and provide some information about it in the Help section.

It doesn't seem to cause much of a slow down or FPs as shown from the link above.

8. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Hi Stan999
    Agreed, It would be great if it were documented and incorporated into the full install. Also agree that it doesn't cause much of a slow down - no problems here on my less-than bleeding edge setup.

Regards!

9. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hello, I agree with add more documentation and a option for AH to AMON, but only if is a optional option like as the "deep" heuristic, etc.
    Another feature that NOD can include are:
    1) A option into the quarantine for send suspicious files directly to ESET.
    2) Plug-in for Microsoft Office 2000/XP for scan files with or without the monitor enabled. (Like as NAV, McAfee)
    3) The ability to add new files to quarantine but manually
    4) A blocker behaviour for intercept unknown scripts, i.e: It scan all scripts executed via IE, Outlook, etc and search for the tipical behaviour of script files (send via mail, delete files, etc). It same module can implemented for Office macro viruses.

It's all. The others features of NOD32 2.0 are very very excellent! ;) :D

Best Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.