Another Illegal Reseller?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Cufflink, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cufflink

Cufflink Registered Member

I suspect I have encountered another illegal reseller. I was looking for backup software at the local Staples. They had True Image 10 Home on their shelf. Based upon the information on the box, I made the purchase.

When I went to install the software, I was asked for a serial number. None of the numbers I found on the box or CD was accepted. When I went to the Acronis site to find out where to find the serial number, I came across the Attention! Illegally sold Acronis software thread.

Staples did not furnish a serial number when I made the purchase. I intend to return the software and get a refund, but before I do so, could you confirm that the list of authorized resellers is up to date? If Staples is an authorized reseller, but was inadvertently omitted from the list, then I will ask for a serial number rather than a refund.

If Staples is not an authorized reseller, I will purchase True Image 11 Home directly from Acronis.

A minor point: it would have been helpful if the User's Manual mentioned something about the serial number in the installation instructions.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

From what I remember others saying, the serial number is in the small leaflet - a type that you wouldn't give a second glance or would not even think that that is where it is.

3. Cufflink

Cufflink Registered Member

Thank you. That is exactly what happened. The serial number was on the back of the Quick Start Guide. I had put it aside and forgot about it, because I had gone to the pdf User's Guide - which made no mention of entering a serial number or where to find it. (Loud sound of brain cells dying.)

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Ah ... so Acronis is still "hiding" it there ... you would think that after so many users had trouble finding it that they would put it in a more obvious place, like at the FRONT of the Guide in Bold numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.