Another HIPS to add to Comodo

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by blacknight, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Please, don't tell me your " why ? " or your " opinion ", I'm simply looking for an HIPS to run together CIS on Vista SP1: on XP SSM and CIS run good, but not on Vista SP1. May you suggest to me something that you already tested ?

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Runs perfectly with CIS = LUA + Norton's UAC project, every time an elevation in user rights is needed, UAC will ask you, Norton's tool is so nice to remember your decisions. So you will have a full blown policy HIPS with file and registry protection. I Guess this is an to easy answer for you :)

3. blacknight

Thanks for your answer ;) I didn't try Norton's UAC project, but it seems more something as an AES protection that an HIPS...But is a first possibility anyway.
    :)

4. blacknight

It' possible run ( install ) Online Armor only as HIPS and not as fw ?

5. Murderlove

Murderlove Registered Member

Yes it is possible to use Online Armor as HIPS only. However when I tested this I had installed OA first, then turned off the firewall function, then installed another firewall. I do not know how OA will react when you already have a Firewall installed and if you are able to disable the firewall function of OA before rebooting. I suppose it is possible, but I am not sure.

6. subset

subset Registered Member

Hi,

at the end of Online Armor's Safety Check Wizard you have access to the Firewall settings.
    On the bottom you can hit "Uninstall Firewall", like shown at OA Webhelp.
    http://www.tallemu.com/webhelp3/Options.html#firewall

But I have never tried this with an already installed 3rd party Firewall.

Cheers

7. blacknight

Murderlove and subset, thanks ;) I'll try... :rolleyes:

8. blacknight

Well, I tried. On Vista SP1, CIS and Online - fw uninstalled - make conflict. I wait for something else suggestion. :)

9. 3xist

3xist Guest

blacknight.

a) (Highly Recommended) You may not like my opinion, But to be honest - If you set Defense+ to Proactive Security then full power of Defense+ is activated and will prevent 99% of malware... And that's all you need.

b) (Optional) However, Keeping the configuration as "Internet Security" in CIS be default configuration where Keyboard, Disk, Computer Monitor are not monitored you might find you want to find a Prevention solution that also monitors those areas, But I don't know any that do monitor those specific areas. So some one else may suggest something else for this option.

Those are my only 2 options without sacrificing security.

Cheers,
    Josh

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

when is the next comodo realease?for sure it will be Defensewall's
    room mate:thumb:

11. blacknight

Josh, ( 3xist )
    I have not doubt concerning CIS Defense+ security, be sure. ;) ( I'm the web associate of Erreale, if you hear ). Only, I'm a bit...paranoid :) :D :D , to understand please read my post, no. 3, here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=1377794#post1377794 . But I know that also with CIS I'm anyway sure.

Best regards.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2009
  12. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

The beta is very close to it's 'mods release',probably this week.It's ready now apart from they have to convert the signatures into the new format.If there are no major issues I'd imagine the full release would be later this month.

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks alot:thumb:

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thats cool to hear,thanks alot:thumb:

15. 3xist

3xist Guest

I read your post. :)

You will see Usability Advantage in next release. Another advantage not many people know about Comodo Internet Security is that, if the AV detects a malware, Defense+ won't bother alerting you. So malware vs malware usability is the same...

Cheers,
    Josh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.